Chapter 18.5 (Omake)

(A/N: whenever you see a half chapter, it will be something extra that has to do with, but doesn't really follow the storyline in chronological order. Normally, it might be a flashback, or simply an interesting story from the past. Half chapters are my favorite because it allows you to further understand the characters through their past. I took the idea of half chapters from mangas so don't yell at me for stealing ideas! Hehe! Enjoy!)

The sky was so blue. Cherry blossoms danced in the wind as they were carried off from their original place on the trees. The sound of footsteps and a bicycle was the only sound audible within two miles on this street. A young boy with sky blue hair walked next to a girl about his height with long snow colored hair. The boy carried a book and was reading as he walked. He wore a beautiful white uniform with the emblem that said Teiko on his chest. The girl wore a white blazer uniform with a magenta collared shirt within. Her skirt was black with magenta colored plaid stripes.

"Tetsuya, aren't you excited? We're finally middle school students!" the girl cheered. The boy named Tetsuya flipped a page. He didn't look towards the girl, who was now admiring the cherry blossoms on the street. He simply gave a "hmm" in response. The girl smiled. "Now I don't have to deal with Yoshihara-sensei anymore!"

"That's not a good thing to cheer about Setsuna," the boy said. The girl named Setsuna pouted. "Plus, you'll still see her around, since you're still attending the same school."

"This is why I hate Himura. We only switch divisions, and you still see the same old faces around. Such a bore!" Setsuna sighed. Tetsuya chuckled at his childhood friend's remark. He put a hand on her head, gently patting it. "I wanted to go to the same school as Tetsuya."

"Me too," Tetsuya replied. Setsuna smiled as she turned to her best friend. She released one hand from the handle of her bicycle that she was walking next to, and wrapped it around her friend. She pulled him in for a hug with that one hand.

"Well, even though we can't be in the same school, we'll always see each other at home!" Setsuna cheered. "Tonight let's play another game of Kukuri Palace!"

"Alright," Tetsuya replied with a smile. The two continued to walk down the street. Soon, Teiko's front gate was in view. Setsuna walked Tetsuya to the front of his new school's gate. She fixed his tie like a mother. The white haired girl patted his shoulders and smiled.

"Good luck! Make friends! And remember to get a good position in basketball club!" she said as she gave him a thumbs up. Tetsuya nodded. "See ya then!"

"See you later," he bid. Setsuna then climbed on her bicycle and started for her own school a few blocks away.

\(*T▽T*)/

A few blocks away from Teiko, there parked a shining black car. A man in black suits got out of the driver's seat and walked all the way around to the left passenger's seat in the back. He opened the door, and a young boy stepped out. "Are you sure this place is okay?" the man asked.

"Yes, this should be fine. You don't need to drive me to school anymore either," the boy said.

"In that case, I'll let your father know," the man said hesitantly.

"It has nothing to do with my father," the boy said with a gentle smile. "Besides, they'll mock me if I show up like this every morning. At least let me do as I please at school." The driver was mesmerized by the beautiful scarlet eyes of the young boy. His hair was dancing to the gentle breeze of the spring air and cherry blossom petals flew in the air around him, as if he were the center of the universe. The elder man could not help but think of a beautiful woman whose scarlet eyes also once took away his breath.

"Look out!" a voice suddenly screamed out of nowhere, breaking the trance. The driver turned around to see a young figure coming towards them in lightning speed. It was a girl on a bicycle. She seemed to be paddling at 80 km/hr. Her eyes were fully covered by messily cut bangs, and her expensive looking white blazer was wrapped sloppily around her waist. At the angle and speed she's paddling, there's no doubt that she'll hit them within two seconds. The man flung his body at the young boy, making sure to cover him.

"Seijuro-sama!" The man shouted in panic. The boy could not tear his gaze away from the silhouette coming his way. Just when the girl seemed to reach them, a sudden jerk of the bike allowed the girl to travel only on the hind wheels of the bike. With the right momentum and speed, she pushed off the ground and landed the hind wheels on the railings left of the car but right of the man and the boy. The bicycle glided across the railing with a screeching sound. Soon, after the girl passed the man and the boy, she pushed her bike off the railing and landed on the ground smoothly. Without stopping, she continued to paddle away.

"Sorry! I'm running late for school!" the girl shouted to the man and the boy behind her. The flame haired boy's eyes followed the girl as she rode off, her snow white hair flowing behind her like a dragon soaring in the sky. The skills she demonstrated just now was breathtaking. He didn't have time to even notice what school she was from. The only thing he could remember was her snow-like hair and acrobat-like movements.

"What an unbelievably rude girl," the driver gasped. "I'm so sorry Seijuro-sama, I will look into her background and make sure-"

"It's fine. You don't need to do anything. She was just running late, that's all. Please don't make a big deal out of this," the young boy named Seijuro chuckled. Besides, she was very interesting, he added in his thoughts.

"But, are you sure you don't want me to drive you to school anymore? What if something like this happens again-"

"It won't. It's okay. I can take care of myself. Thank you for your hard work," Seijuro assured. "I better get going or else I will be late for school." The boy then walked on. The man in black suits bowed at his young master as he watched the flame haired boy walk towards the gate of his new school. The man lifted his body as the boy disappeared into the school gates. He let out a long sigh.

"Seijuro-sama is growing up. My lady, surely you can see him right? The young master is now entering middle school," the driver wiped away a tear from his right eye.