Chapter 21

"Setsuna-sama, the bath is ready," Nobuo said while walking out of the bathroom. He held a towel in his hand, wiping away the moist from the bathtub he was preparing. As the older boy walked to the living room, he spotted the younger teens playing cards on the ground.

"Oh, is it? Then I'll go in first," Setsuna stood up as she put down her cards. "I'll be back so don't you dare touch my stack," she told Katsumi, who shrugged with a smug on his face. Setsuna huffed and headed to the bathroom. Nobuo guessed that Setsuna was probably on a losing streak.

\(*T▽T*)/

Akashi sighed. He leaned back in the tub and relaxed his muscles. Today was a long day. He would have never expected Setsuna to suddenly participate in his own school's play. Just like Kuroko, she seemed to always do things outside of his expectations.

After soaking in the bath, Akashi got out and got dressed. He opened the door of his bathroom, and was greeted by a gush of cold air. He covered his hair with a medium sized clean towel to dry his hair. Akashi headed towards the kitchen of his small apartment. Since he lives alone in Kyoto, he lived in a rather small living space compared to others, but his house was undeniably lavish. In the kitchen, he grabbed a bottle of milk from the fridge and started chugging it down. For a normal high school student, he was considered average height. However, as a basketball player, he was still lacking in the height area. Despite maintaining a daily routine of drinking a bottle of milk, he still couldn't control his growth.

Akashi walked out to the balcony, gazing out at the city. As of now, the only thing, or person, on his mind was Setsuna. He growled in frustration knowing that she was the only thing occupying his mind right now. He remembered their first encounter in the basketball stadium, where she walked passed him and all the other Teiko members. He also remembered when they first talked to each other during Kuroko's injury. He remembered their dance at the ball for aristocrats. He recalled their every encounter and how they came to their current relationship. Were they friends? Setsuna classified them as so, but Akashi wasn't sure. Was it possible to be friends with your own business rival? Was it possible to be friends with the best friend of someone you crushed mentally in middle school? Akashi wasn't so sure.

He heard a buzz coming from within the apartment. Akashi headed inside and grabbed his buzzing phone on the living room table. It was a text message from Hayama. Akashi brought the phone back to the balcony and opened the text.

Hey Akashi! \(^V^)/

I was sorting out the pictures on my camera today and guess what I found! Enjoy!!!

Akashi raised a brow as he opened the attached files. He gaped at the picture of him and Setsuna on the beach. He was shirtless and she was still in her bikini. She was holding an ice cream cone and gesturing it towards him while he was bending down, eyes closed, to have a taste of her ice cream. The second picture was of him shooting darts at the game booth with Setsuna staring at him with eyes of admiration. Akashi wondered when these pictures were even taken and how they were taken. He frowned. "How frivolous," he muttered as he started for the delete button. However, when the options for delete and cancel popped up, he just couldn't bring himself to press delete. In the end, the red haired boy pressed cancel and kept the pictures on his phone. A small smile unconsciously spread on his face.

Akashi put down his phone and thought about Setsuna. "She's an interesting girl," he muttered. "I can see why she's respected by her peers."

\(*T▽T*)/

"PWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Gyahyahahahahaha! Akashi you're the best! Ahahahaha!" Setsuna laughed as she slapped her knees.

"GWAHA!!! OH MY GOD THIS IS SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN COSPLAY!" Katsumi laughed. Akashi frowned, a vein popping at his forehead.