Chapter 32

"Is something wrong?" Akashi's voice sounded very concerned from the other end of the phone.

Setsuna smiled weakly as she replied, "I'm leaving Tokyo for the week. That's why I didn't participate in the match today. I won't be participating for all the matches coming up this week."

"Where are you going?"

"Home."

"Home?"

"Yes. As you know, the Hakuya headquarters is located in Tokyo, so the CEO of the main branch of the enterprise, currently my father, lives in Tokyo," Setsuna said.

"Yes, I'm aware."

"But the owner and president of the enterprise, currently my grandfather, lives in Sendai," Setsuna told the red haired emperor.

"So you're going to Sendai to see your grandfather?"

"All Hakuyas have been summoned. It's going to be the largest gathering since my grandmother's funeral," Setsuna sighed. "Sei, you're aware of what kind of family the Hakuyas are, so you'll understand the reason why I cannot skip out on this meeting."

"I know. There wouldn't be any other reason for you to skip out on the matches for Winter Cup," Akashi replied. "Where are you now?"

"Taxi. I'm on my way to the airport to meet up with my father."

"Be safe. Let me know when you get there."

"Yeah. I will. Thanks, Sei. Good luck on your matches, though you don't really need any."

"You don't sound very genuine when you support me in basketball," Akashi noticed.

"No offense, I love you and all, but I'm still on Tetsuya's side when it comes to basketball. It's a matter of principle. You and I may be from the same world on a social level, but in basketball, you and I don't see eye to eye," Setsuna chuckled.

"Haha, I guess I can't argue with that," Akashi chuckled as well. He didn't blame Setsuna for her honesty; he would never get angry at her for being honest with him. Although it annoyed him to a certain degree that his girlfriend is rooting for someone else in basketball, he does respect the fact that everyone has their own principles and opinions in basketball. Every single member of the Generation of Miracles has their own style of basketball, and they all compete to see who's basketball is better. There's no reason for him to get angry at her for agreeing with a particular person's style of basketball.

"I'm almost there. I'll hang up now," Setsuna said. "Bye."

"Mmhm. Keep me updated."

With that, Setsuna closed her phone. She looked out the window as the taxi arrived in the terminal. She spotted her father standing by one of the gates, Mizuguchi standing by his side. "Sir, can you drop me off there?" Setsuna said to the driver.

"Of course," the driver pulled over by the gate where her father stood at. Setsuna got off the car, and the driver and Mizuguchi helped grab her bags from the trunk. Mizuguchi handed the driver the money for the ride.

"Let's go," Hakuya Daisuke said as he turned around. Setsuna followed her father into the airport, leaving Tokyo behind. It's been a while, but finally, the Hakuyas are gathering again. This time, it will be to decide on the rightful heir.

\(*T▽T*)/

The air was certainly tense. It hasn't been like this since her grandmother's funeral years ago. Setsuna was surprised to see her third uncle, Hakuya Fumiyoshi, sitting lazily on the couch, legs crossed, and sipping at his tea. "Well if it isn't Daisuke-niisama. Kind of shocking that you're the last to show up. You're usually such a stickler to being on time," Fumiyoshi said with a sly smirk on his face as he gazed at his older brother.