Chapter 4

Setsuna wasn't able to cheer up at all. Her teammates were really concerned when they saw their captain lose her usual cheerfulness. They were still able to win all the games and get champion, but Setsuna had lost her enthusiasm. Megumi was especially concerned. The two have known each other since elementary school; they have the closest relationship in the team. Megumi swore that she'd be Setsuna's pillars when she needed her. Right now, as Setsuna's right hand, it's Megumi's duty to cheer her up and get her on her feet again, but she can't. As of now, only time can heal Setsuna.

Days passed. Day by day, Setsuna's mood was getting better. Kuroko and Setsuna couldn't help but hate the cruelty of basketball, but at the same time, love it to no end. Setsuna realized that she just have to accept what happened. She will not pretend like nothing ever happened and her suffering never existed, but she will move on. She promised herself to move on. Slowly, she was able to start laughing and telling jokes again. She started to stand back on her feet.

Soon, winter came, then spring. Their graduation was coming up. Setsuna graduated as top student of her grade. After graduation, everyone went home for their short spring break. Setsuna and Kuroko spent spring break doing random things. They played basketball in the neighborhood, played video games, and blew up the kitchen from attempting to make hash browns (not literally).

"So what high school are you going to?" Setsuna asked when they were playing a video game on Kuroko's PS3.

"Seirin," Kuroko answered.

"The new school?"

Kuroko nodded.

"Tetsuya, Setsuna-chan, tell me if you guys want something to eat okay?" Kuroko's mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Okay!" Kuroko and Setsuna said in unison. It's as if they were children again.

"OH NO!" Kuroko shouted as his player died.

"YAYYYY!" Setsuna cheered as she flopped back and laid down on the ground. "I win again!". Kuroko sighed and sat back, pouting.

"It's not fair," he said.

"Life's not fair."

"You have the upper hand."

"Of course, it's my game!" Setsuna laughed.

"Ara! Did Setsuna-chan win again?" Kuroko's mother asked as she brought a plate into the living room and set it on the small table.

"You bet!" Setsuna replied with a cheeky smile.

"As expected!" Kuroko's mother smiled. Kuroko just pouted.

"One more game," Kuroko then muttered. Setsuna immediately sat up and restarted the game.

"Don't cry if you lose again," she warned. Kuroko didn't reply. He honestly did not have any confidence in winning, but still tried anyways.

\(*T▽T*)/

Through hanging out together during spring break, both Kuroko and Setsuna had gotten stronger, physically and mentally. They were both sent to high school as a whole new (not really) person. Kuroko entered Seirin, while Setsuna moved up to the High School division of the Himura Academy.

"Um....so yeah.....let's have a great year this year. That's all," Setsuna ended her speech at the opening ceremony of school as the top student. Everyone below were all cracking up at her "well planned" speech. The teachers all shook their head in disappointment. Even though Setsuna has such a laid back and carefree attitude at school, she still remains the teacher's favorite student.

"Setsu-chan!" a voice called from down the hall. Setsuna turned to see who it was. A brunette was running her way.

"Rin!" Setsuna gasped. The brown haired girl with pigtails jumped onto the white haired girl. "When did you get back?!"