Chapter 25

The old electric fan rung in a screeching sound. Despite it blowing right at her, Setsuna's body didn't seem to cool down. Her entire body burned as if it were on fire. There was a loud banging sound at her door, yet she couldn't hear. "Setsu-chan! Setsu-chan! Is something wrong? Open up," Susume shouted from the other side, concern in her voice. Her daughter came home with a strange expression on her face, and she didn't seem to have appetite for anything. The white haired girl locked herself in her room and didn't speak a word. "Are you okay?" Susume asked.

"I'm fine Mom! Don't worry about me," Setsuna's voice echoed from behind the door.

"Are you sure?" Susume asked. The door opened, revealing a scarlet faced girl.

"I-I'm sure. Sorry to make you worry. I was daydreaming," Setsuna apologize. Susume's eyes widened. She's never seen her daughter this flustered before. Even when she was embarrassed, her face would never turn so red. She placed a hand on Setsuna's forehead.

"Really? You don't have a fever or anything?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine."

Susume didn't look convinced. She doesn't have a temperature, but something is obviously wrong. "I'm gonna sleep now. Good night," Setsuna closed the door.

"But it's only ten," Susume muttered.

Setsuna crawled onto her bed, holding her pillow to her face. The more she thinks about it the more she wants to scream. Her face started to boil again.

Setsuna stared wide eyed at the red haired boy, not believing what he just said. She heard wrong. She definitely heard wrong. There's no way the words 'I love you' would slip out of Akashi's mouth. This guy is always so serious, so arrogant. He's obsessed with himself and is convinced that he is absolute. There's no way he's say something like 'I love you' to anyone. She heard wrong. She definitely heard wrong.

But why is her heart pounding so hard, as if it's about to burst? Why is her face burning up. She could feel the heat all the way at the tip of her ears.

Akashi's heterochromatic eyes gazed at Setsuna's aqua orbs. As he got a closer look at her face, he realized that her cheeks were the shade of his hair. Shock was written all over her face. Her mouth opened, but nothing came out. Akashi realized it. He just realized what he just did. He kissed her. He told her he loved her. Why did he do that? Was he caught up in the moment? Did he really mean those words? No matter how you look at it, there's no way Akashi Seijuro could have done those things. Just then, a shade of deep crimson crept up on Akashi's cheeks.

"I.....I......." Akashi choked out. His heart raced in an unfamiliar rhythm. His hands sweated a tremendous amount of sweat. What is this feeling? Is it really love? Does he really love this girl in front of him? He can't. She's a Hakuya. He can't love her. She's Kuroko's best friend. She's stubborn. She's wild. She's uncontrollable. She's the type that Akashi would never have thought of dating. The memories of when they attended the ball together flashed in his head. He remembered strangling her, threatening her. They challenged each other. What happened to all of that? It wasn't so long ago, yet it seemed like such a distant memory.

Akashi remembered going to the beach with Setsuna. He remembered jogging in the morning with her. He remembered their cooking duel. He remembered making her cry. He remembered watching her sleep. He remembered when she was in her drunken fever state. He remembered her squeals for good food. He actually hadn't known her for that long, yet he's already seen so many sides of her. He doesn't like women he can't control, but he doesn't dislike Setsuna at all. Maybe this really is attraction. He really is attracted to her. He really meant it when he said he loves her.