(Chapter 1) Big Dark Box of Doom

I woke up shivering in a dark, wet box that reeked of animal poop and made screeching noises as it pulled itself upwards and no memory of how I got there. Come to think of it, I don't remember anything. I don't even know if this freakin box was even going up! I was completely alone, with only the sounds of dripping water and the screeching metal sound of the room to accompany me.

I took a sniff of the air and immediately recoiled. I was beginning to wonder if that dripping water was actually urine. Epic.

I coughed and saliva spewed from my mouth. I bent down and wretched, puking out all the contents of my stomach which frankly wasn't much at all. I breathed deeply trying to calm down my heart rate. Panicking would do me no good.

I look around and take in the total darkness. I stretch my hands out and crawl forward until I feel a slab of metal that was cold to the touch. I run my hands along the ice-cold wall and I affirmed that I was surrounded and trapped. There went my plan to jump out and hopefully die a swift death.

I huddled in the corner and rocked on the balls of my feet, the fear and confusion setting in. What am I doing here? How did I even get here? I try to remember how I got here and remember nothing except waking up. I began tapping my knuckles on the metal surface of the wall listening to the sound of the metal echoing as I search my head for any idea on why I can't remember a thing.

The tapping stopped, only to be replaced by my forehead as it lightly banged on the wall. Why don't I remember anything? Where am I? Where am I going? How long have I even been in here? It felt like forever being alone and cold in a dark metal box with no way out, but I knew physics. As you grew up you had to know that time is a crazy thing. It can either be a cheetah and time will fly by, or it will be as slow as a snail. Logically speaking it had to be at least 10 minutes since I woke up.

I sat in uncomfortable silence when suddenly I felt an explosion in my head. I squeezed my eyes shut and cried out in shock. I remembered my name. I was so excited that so nearly jumped up and danced, but I would've slammed my head on the top of the box. My name was Tamara. Just Tamara, but what was my last name? I heard the screeching of the box get louder and I looked upward and wondered if I was getting close to my freedom or doom.

I lay down and sweat trickled down my forehead. Where am I going? More questions flowed through my brain giving me a headache. If I remember my name then surely I will remember everything else soon, right?

I look down at myself and wonder what I look like but it was useless. It was too dark to even see. Was I African American? Caucasian? Mexican? American? Asian? I freeze as I feel around my body. Am I an alien? I sigh in relief when I realize that I had no extra eyes or sharp teeth. I was completely human. It was absolutely horrible I couldn't remember who the heck I was and what I looked like. I should know these things!

The box stopped and I looked around for any sign of escape. Still none. I continued to panic until I heard a metal screeching sound and the metal ceiling above me slowly and loudly opened revealing a bright blinding light that forced me to cover my eyes so that I didn't. I slowly blinked getting used to the sunlight and looked around me my vision still kinda blurry.

When my vision cleared I saw teenage boys with horrible body odor surrounding me. I look around slowly becoming more and more confused. Where all the ladies at?

My eyes widened as I thought of a horrible scenario. One teenage girl with 50 teenage boys, in a forest alone with no supervision. I wonder what could possibly happen?