(Chapter 14) Let the Nightmare Games Begin

Tamara

"Wicked is good..." A soft calming voice spoke inside my head as I sink deeper and deeper into my dream world. I woke up in a dimly lit building, the only ljght coming from the moon, shining through the windows.

"Da shuck?" I whisper quietly as I stand up and look around. I walk down a long hallway and see a neon red blinking Exit sign. I sigh in relief, thank goodness I didn't have to stay in here forever. I run towards the exit sign and push open the door next to it.

Almost immediately I was blinded by the mid day sun. The MIDDAY SUN? WHAT? Just a minute ago it was Shuckin midnight! I blinked in confusion and stumbled around. ((Klunk I feel like my writing sucks rn.😂))

A strange feeling consumed me making me fidgety and nervous. I felt like someone was watching me. Suddenly something tackled me and I slammed face first into the burning sand.

I screamed and writhed on the ground trying to wiggle myself free from its firm grip. I managed to turn my head to get a glimpse of what in da Shuckin shuck is attacking me. My brown eyes were met with brutally mutilated eye-sockets. Blackened Veins popped from this zombie-like creature and crawled up its entire body.

And even though it didn't even look human, it oddly reminded me of someone who I knew and cared for deeply. I looked at its dirty matted and still fluffy hair and covered my mouth as I choked on my breath.

Newt. Sweet, innocent, adorable, gentle, compassionate Newt. ((*Sobs uncontrollably. Why did I even write this. #justbrokemyownheart

It opened its mouth and let out a blood curdling screech as it raised its arms, with vicious curved nails that look as if they haven't been cut in years and jabbed them into my stomach, and dragging downwards. I let out a back breaking scream as tears fell down my face. Why would he do this to me? How did he even become this creature? Suddenly everything went black and I died.

Or so I thought...

I opened my eyes to find myself staring up at the sky. I squint my eyes and sit up letting my gaze wander around to see where the shuck I was now. I see the familiar walls of the maze and frown. Wasn't I in bed? Sleeping? How did I get here? Did I sleep walk? I never knew I sleep walked.

I stand and wander around the corridors hoping that maybe I could find my way out. I turn left, right, right 2 more times and then two lefts and a right before I heard my salvation.

"Tamara?" I hear a familiar voice ask in confusion. "How did you get in here? Your supposed to be in the glade." He sighed walking towards me.

I see a large bulbous spider slug like creature climb up onto the walls and creep up above us. My eyes widen in terror as its head leans down. And my stupid Shuckin slow brain reflexes couldn't say it in time.

"Minho look out!" I shout pointing at the thing. His eyes widen as he pushes me down to the ground protecting me with his body.

"Stay down, and when the griever grabs me, run as fast as you can away from here." He whispers to me in a surprisingly steady voice. A GRIEVER? So this was what a griever was. Anyway.., He was about to Shuckin die from a griever and he was being calm? What da shuck kind of sorcery is this klunk?

The creature dropped down and slowly clicked its mechanical legs forward. It let out a low growl and pounced up into the air grabbing Minho with one of its long spindly mechanical legs and drags him across the ground.

"No!" I scream bolting up and running after the griever that was taking my boyf... I mean fellow beloved associate. "No you can't take him!" I screech tears streaming down my face as I ran after the griever as fast as my small legs could carry me, but it wasn't fast enough.

"Run!" Were the last words I heard from him before the griever jumped into the air and ripped Minho apart limb from limb.

"NO! NO MINHO YOU CANT LEAVE ME!" I shout, scream, and cry at the same time, my tears stinging my cheeks as my lungs caught in my throat and I struggled to breath.

I woke up screaming and writhing around in my bed and felt strong arms wrap around me and soft fingers stroke my hair.

"Shhh, it's okay princess, it was just a nightmare." I hear a soothing, deep and amazingly sexy voice murmur in my ear.

I choked out a sob. "I..." I try to explain my nightmare too him but he shushes me.

"Shh, just take deep breaths." He soothes me. I do as he says taking a deep breath in and letting it all out. And in no time, I was back asleep.

((Little did she know... Minho was shirtless and hugging her😏😏😏))

Sorry guys, I know this is a short chapter, but if I made it longer, it would've taken longer to update and I wouldn't have updated today.

I also know that this is sad and boring and a pretty much waste of time, but I promise thee. There will be SO much more interesting stuff coming up. I just don't necessarily don't know when to put them certain events in...

Also... I think my writing sucks in this chapter. I don't know why, it just seems like I'm lacking detail and not using a variety of different words for suddenly and said, and screaming and so big and shouting. I need to thesaurus up. So the next chapter will Definately. I mean hopefully be more interesting, and I'll try to update that soon. So you guys have something to look forward to😏.

I love you shanks! Literally so much! I JUST GOT 5K READS DA SHUCK HOW?!!?!?! And you guys are so sweet in the comments literally I love you guys so much I can't even express my gratitude for putting up with this sucky book that has somehow caught the hearts of you guys. And you guys also think it's amazing so... THANK YOU SO MUCH!