(Chapter 26) I Demolish a Wall

Tamara

I heard the maze doors crack and start to slide open, and I shook Minho awake. "Cmon Minho, we gotta go."

His eyes cracked open the tiniest bit. "Can't we just stay a little longer?" He asks sleepily as he rolled over, wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. "I gotta come back here in an hour anyway." He whined.

Though I was insanely comfortable in his arms, we had to go. "Minho," I prodded him again. "This is the maze, we gotta get out. And everyone back in the glade is probably worried sick and I really want to surprise the shuck out of them when they see that we're alive." I admit

"Dang girl!" He said while rising. "Let's do it."

I quickly nodded my thanks to Charlie as he clicked back to wherever grievers go in the morning.

We quickly ran to the entrance to the glade and we looked at each other for a moment before smirking.

We both calmly walked back into the glade and into breakfast, calmly standing in line, waiting for Frypan's breakfast. Thankfully no one was too suspicious and didn't look our way very often unless they were just glancing, so as of now, we were in the clear.

I calmly filled my plate with an omelet and added a few fruits to my plate and sat down where Newt, Chuck, Belle, and Alby were sitting. Minho sat down shortly after I did.

Everyone was so sullen, and no one was talking to each other. They were so focused on staring at their food and not eating it, they didn't even notice us sit down. I looked up at Minho and noticed his brows furrowing at them.

"Why the long faces?" He asks breaking the silence.

"You have the nerve to joke around at a time like th-" Newt stops his jaw dropping. "W-wha?"

He prods Belle in the arm and she looks at him. "What?" She says tiredly. He looked pointedly at Minho and I.

I smiled at them, extremely amused.

She looks at us and gasps dropping her fork and screaming. Her scream jolts Alby and Chuck back to the present and Chuck screamed while Alby just stared in confusion. "Are they real?"

"No you shuck face we're ghosts here to haunt you until you die. Of course we're real." Minho remarked sarcastically.

"Would you like a slap in the face for clarification?" I ask sweetly.

"They're real all right." Newt says to Alby before they both stood up and patted us on the back with huge smiles on their faces.

"I knew you'd come out of the maze alive." Chuck grinned running up and hugging me, and then hugging Minho. I laughed as Minho awkwardly took the hug not really knowing what to do.

Belle jumped out of her seat after they were done hugging us and wrapped me in the tightest grip and hugged me nearly to death. "C-can't breath." I managed to squeak.

"Sorry." She apologized with a laugh. "I just thought. I thought you were dead." She laughed wiping some tears from her eyes.

"Your not going to get rid of me that easily." I grinned hugging her back.

The whole room suddenly became quiet, and then the room burst into sound as everyone jumped out of their chairs and crowded around to our table to see if we were real.

"Okay okay guys, if you keep this up we will actually be dead." I chuckled awkwardly lightly pushing some of the people away so that I could have some breathing space.

As I was pushing people away I saw Gally standing there with a shocked expression on his face, his eyes looking like they've been crying. My face contorted into a look of sadness. Gally crying? Why?

I walked over to him, a look of concern now plastered on my face. I was officially conference, just the thought of Gally crying, it was almost unreal. "What's wrong?" I ask folding my arms across my chest to show that I wouldn't go away until I got some answers.

"Nothing, I got a little dust in my eye earlier, that's all." He brushed off, but I knew he was lying.

I don't know how, but somehow I'm able to decipher different types of crying. There's the crying where your not even sad, the lonely crying, the grieving crying? The scared crying, and the laughing crying, and Gally's eyes showed me grief.

"Nope. You're lying to me. What's wrong?" I ask sternly. "You can't hide your emotions forever. You don't always have to be a big strong boy. It's okay to show human emotion." I assure him with the slightest. THE SLIGHTEST, sarcasm.

He sighed and looked over at me. "I thought you were dead. Okay? There I said it, now bye!" He attempted to finish.

"Gally." I chastise. "Care to elaborate?"

"Yes I do care to elabor-"

"Elaborate for me please." I correct.

"I- I thought you were gone, and the thought of going about my day at the glade without you around devastated me. The glade just isn't the same with you. And Minho." He added

"Yes..." I encouraged him to continue.

"Without you here to break everyone up, to stop me from embedding my fist in everyone's face, I'd still be the most hated person in the glade."

"Doesn't everyone still ha-" I begin.

"Well, at least they're starting to hate me less. Before you came everyone thought I was this big mean tough kid that no one dared to talk to unless it was strictly business. Do you know how many people I am able to let out my inner feelings to? How many people I can laugh and relate to? No one, because either everyone fears or hates me." He burst out.

"It's hard to make friends when you have an unapproachable personality and look because everyone thinks your going to bully them. In reality, the only reason I tease people is because that's the closest thing I have to a friendship even though it's nothing close to a friendship."

"I hear you Gally. I hear you." I nod.