(Chapter 7) A Griever Gives "Birth" To... Another Girl Greenie!

-Minho's Perspective-
I hear the ever so familiar sound of rock moving across the grass and a large rumbling and my eyes flutter open. 'Another day, another run. Maybe I'll find out what happened to good ol Leo.' I tell myself as I get myself up jumping up and down to wake my body up. I crane my neck to one side to pop in and I see the homestead. Immediately one thought pops into my head. Tamara.

I had to make sure she was okay, but I had to go run. I ran my fingers through my hair and look around to see if any other gladers could possibly also be up with me. I see Gally's lean form and groan looking around for someone else. Anyone else but him, but there was no other up but him.

I sigh finally giving in and walk over to him grabbing his shoulder. "Hey Shank. I need you to do something for me," I say bluntly.

"Yeah?" He questions turning towards me and brushing some dirt off his pants. I could tell he was annoyed at me calling him shank but he didn't protest. Wise decision.

"I need you to go to the homestead, go to Tamara's room and watch her until she wakes up. Then I want you to take her to frypan where she'll tryout being a cook." I say looking back at the homestead.

"Why? Are you having special feelings for her? Are you growing, "fond" of her?" He asks making quotation hand gestures around fond.

I snort. "I guess you could say that. I just don't want her getting hurt. I don't have any feelings for her or anything. I mean I have feelings for her... But... Not romantic or anything..." I stutter a blush creeping up my cheeks. I fight it back refusing to blush and I didn't.

He grins raising his infamous eyebrows. "Okay... I believe you..." He grins wider a mischevious glint in his eye. "I'll do it." And with that he walks towards the homestead looking back only once before walking in.

I roll my eyes and jog towards the maze. By now the doors have already completely opened and I took a deep breath taking one look back towards the homestead before kicking my foot behind me and running into the maze.

I run for what seems like hours looking for something I'm not even sure is even out there. It's not like I'm going to find Leo. He's probably dead. I mean, he is dead. He has to be, no one survives the night in the maze.

A large boom explodes from far away making the ground shake. The boom echoed through my head giving me a headache. "Da shuck was that?" I ask.

I don't think twice before running towards the noise. I didn't even stop to think about it, I should've but I'm Minho, I don't think, I just do.

The sound no longer rings in my ears and I stop. Is this where the sound came from? I look around and  read along the grey worn down walls and saw a large number 3. My eyebrows scrunched in confusion. Section 3 wasn't supposed to be open for another few days.

I continue walking cautiously turning corners wondering where the shuck that boom came from. It came from here, so it had to be here, and I'm not going to turn back until I find whatever is here.

I hear a smaller rumbling and my head snaps to the right. I run towards the rumbling turning left, right, left, right, right, and then left two times more and slid to a halt nearly falling into the dark abyss leading into the ominous unload. I threw out my arms to balance myself as I slowly stepped back taking deep breaths. That was close.