(Chapter 6) I Hereby Dub You Saucepan

Tamara

"Wicked is Bad..." The voice repeated before pictures flashed in my mind. They flashed by so fast I wasn't able to decipher much. The one thing I did see, was a box. A black obsidian box that had no door. No way to open it, but I knew that there was something in it. It had a dark eerie aura too it that gave me the chills. "Be careful." The voice said like an echo as it faded to nothingness.

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping which was nice after a nightmare full of boxes of doom. My eyes fluttered open and I sat up yawning, stretching my arms out.

"She's awake." Someone said from across the room. My head snapped towards the voice and saw that it was Gally.

"What are you doing here?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Minho had to leave to run in the maze, and Newt is busy so they both made me swear to watch over you." He said crossing his arms right back at me rolling his eyes slightly. "I think they like you." He says raising his eyebrow smiling slightly.

My mouth drops. "Gally, is that, dare I say a smile?" I ask my eyes widening in sarcastic shock as I avoided his opinion of them liking me. Newt liked me like a brother. And Minho, well he was complicated.

He rolls his eyes. "Whatever, it's not like I've never smiled before... Anyway you have to try out more jobs greenie, so come with me. Today your trying cooking with frypan."

Cooking. I guess I could create food for others. And try not to severely burn myself. I shrug and follow Gally to the kitchen where he knocks on the door and shouts. "Frypan! Greenie is here!"

The door opens revealing a tall man with a grease stained white shirt and baggy pants who looked about 18. He leaned against the doorframe looking at me up and down an eyebrow raised. "No one ever told me that this greenie was a girl!" He said chuckling

"Yeah well that's so you wouldn't get any romantic ideas." Gally scoffed rolling his eyes.

I stood beside them and closed my eyes. Shuck it when was this cooking thing gojng to start!

"No Gally, if you have the cooking brains like me, you'd know that some women are great cookers. This greenie might even be better than me at this." He said opening the door wider. "Come on in greenie."

I sighed. "Finally! That was a nice long conversation you guys had there. Now bye Gally!" I say waving and closing the door on him.

"Okay so what am I going to do?" I ask turning towards the man called Frypan. What a peculiar name, but well suited for a cook.

"We're going to make sandwiches." He says getting out the bread out of the refrigerator.

"What kind of sandwiches?" I ask forgetting what kind of sandwiches there even were in the world.

"Umm, you choose." He shrugs. "Your the one who is being tested, so let's start by seeing how you do by making your own food. "The ingredients are in the fridge and pantry which is that large cabinet over to the left."

I nod my eyes quickly darting to the left to see the pantry. I nod finally finding something that doesn't seem too hard. I mean this is sandwiches and all I have to do is follow the recipe.