(Chapter 13) There Are Shuckin Thieves in Dis Glade!

This will be from both Minho and Tamara's POV Cause YAS.

Tamara

After I finshed changing I put on my best sassy Tamara face and walked back into Minho's room and walk up to him. He looked really sad, or maybe he was just staring off into space, or wondering how the shuck I beat him in a running race. Or maybe he wasn't lying. Maybe he really did need the shirt I kinda stole, to function at night.

I smiled softly and took off my shirt and dropping it in Minho's lap. He turned around confused and then quickly turned back with a huge blush on his face when he realized that I only had my bra and sweat pants on.

I rolled my eyes playfully and walked to his dresser grabbing a different shirt, and pulling it over my head.  "You can look now MinMin." I grin and he turns around sighing. "Okay so now that that's done, I have something that I want to show you." He says offering his hand to me.

I look at it for a few seconds and then place my hand in his. YES I know this is really clichè, but our hands fit together perfectly. A warm glow radiated from my heart all the way to the tips of my toes. All this just be cause he's holding my hand. If only he knew the effect he had on me.

He led me outside and towards the watch tower. I saw the greenie girl, peer her little eyes through a corner and wink at me. God I hope she remembers her name soon cause just me calling her greenie girl is getting boring.

He stops at the watch tower and motions for me to climb with the tiniest smirk. "Ladies first." I roll my eyes playfully and start climbing up with him following me.

I climb to the top and then walk up on the platform and sit down with a grin waiting for Minho to get up here. I wonder what he wanted to show me up here anyway. This wasn't a date or anything was it?

Minho reaches the top and then sits down next to me. "You know that tomorrow your going to get chosen for what job your going to do?" He asks me.

I turn my head towards him. "What? I didn't even try out all the jobs!"

He shakes his head. "You don't need to try the rest anymore. And besides. Do you even want to be a slicer who slices up little pigs, or a track-hoe who just basically gardens all day, or a bagger who's job is to handle dead bodies?" He asks raising a brow.

I shake my head laughing. "Your right. Except for the track-hoes. Gardening sounds fun." I tell him.

I lay down looking up at the stars. "Minho? Do you think I could be a runner?"

He nods. "Oh yeah. You definitely could. But I also definitely don't want you to."

"Why?" I ask with a pout. I actually kinda wanted to be a runner.

"It's dangerous. The pressure of having to run the maze and get back before the doors close, the possibility of seeing a griever and getting stung..."

"But Minho, I'm faster than you. I'm sure I can make it out in time. And besides, when has a griever ever been out in the daytime?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "But still, It's too dangerous. I... I don't want you to get hurt... I don't know what I would do if you died because of me." He said quickly afterwards.

I sighed, for a moment there I thought he was going to say that he didn't want me to die because he loved me and would be nothing without me. But no, it was all just my stupid wishful thinking.