(Chapter 18) I meet the most adorable potato in the world!

Tamara

I ran to the front with Minho awaiting the box's arrival, shivering, my heart pounding in anticipation. Would the new greenie be another girl? A hot boy? An adult ready to take us home? Dare I say... A baby?

The blaring and screeching comes to a stop and everyone waits anxiously for the doors to slide open. 2 seconds felt like 2 minutes as the doors slowly opened. Gally jumped down and peered into the dark box.

Everyone stepped closer trying to get a look at the new greenie. They were probably hoping it was another girl. Shuckin hormonal teens. I crouched down, squinting my eyes seeing a small, chubby boy shivering in the corner of the box looking up at all of us with frightened brown eyes, his frizzy curly hair sticking out left and right up and down.

I jumped down with Gally tapping his shoulder. "Let me do this, I think your scaring him." I tease.

He rolls his eyes and chuckles. "Okay, I never liked being the one to do this anyway." He retorted, pulling himself up and out of the box.

I leaned down stretching out my arm to the boy finally getting a closer, clearer look at him. He looked about 12, with many, many freckles dotting his chubby cheeks.

"Nice to meet ya greenie." I say with a warm smile, watching as he slowly reached out and grabbed my hand with his sweaty ones. "My name is Tamara, and Welcome to the Glade."

I pull him up and he looks around, fear evident in his big brown eyes. "Where am I?" He asked, his voice quaking slightly as he turned his head left and right looking at the big walls and all around the glade.

"This is the Glade." I tell him patting his back. "And these are the gladers." I say pointing to the boys and Belle. "They will be nice and welcoming to you so you don't need to worry about them." I say emphasizing will and staring right at every single one of those boys.

They widened their eyes slightly and nodded. Newt just plain laughed as if he didn't need to be told that. And he didn't, while Minho was smirking at me, like usual.

Knowing the other shanks, Gally especially, and the way they love to tease and make fun of people, they would probably tease the living shuck out of this poor boy and confuse him with all the Glader slang.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Gally told the greenie about the grievers and tried to scare him. I mean I'd beat the shuck out of him if he did, but I'm just patiently waiting for him to do something. It's only a matter of hours now.

"Do you know your name?" I ask turning back to the boy.

He shook his head. His eyes widened, "why can't I remember my name?"

"It's okay Greenie, I was just like you one month ago, I could remember a dang thing about myself, but it all comes to you eventually. It shouldn't take longer than two days to get your name back." She told him reassuringly.

I saw Newt walk up next to me and crouch down next to the boy. "Hey Greenie, The Names Newt, how'd you like a tour of the place?" He asks with a warm smile.

Greenie boy nods. Newt looks at me. "Hey Tamara could you give this greenie the tour? It seems as though your the only one he trusts right now.

I nod. "Cmon greenie." I say holding my hand out for him to take. He takes it with a soft smile and follows me.

"So that right there is the homestead." I tell him. "That's where the Medjacks work and it's also where some of the Keeper's rooms are."

"Who are Medjacks and Keepers?" He asked scrunching his eyebrows in confusion.

"Medjacks are the people that heal you when your sick or injured, and the Keepers are like the leaders of every group."

I walk over to the watch tower. "That's the watch tower, sometimes people go up there to think, or just to calm themselves or talk." And that down there, is where the builders work. The builders are the people who make most of the buildings around here."

He nods, a look of slight understanding washing over his face. "What's that?" He asked pointing over to the maze." I took a deep breath, was he ready to know what was there and beyond?

My thoughts were interrupted by a low voice behind me. "That is the Maze greenie. Past those walls are creatures you never want to meet in your life. They will kill you. But you don't need to worry, they are only active at night."

The poor boy's eyes widen, as do mine as I turn around, seeing that it's Minho. It's always Minho. 'Why did you do that? He didn't need to know yet!' I mouth as clearly as possible.

'Shuck yeah he needed to know! Now better than later. He trusts you the most anyway, you like to keep it that way right?' He mouths back.

I sigh and pat the greenie's shoulder. He looks up at me and whispers, "is there a way out of here?"

I nod slowly. "That's what the runners do. Minho here is a runner, and they go into the maze to find a way out. We haven't found one yet, but I have a feeling we will pretty soon." I tell him with a slight smile.

Suddenly a loud boom echoed across the glade and the doors began to close.

"What was that!" The greenie shouted as he jumped, a nice brown spot appearing in the back of his pants.

He turned to look at his butt and then let out a whimper. One look at those pants and you'd know that he klunked himself.

I let out a small chuckle. "Cmon Minho will get you nice and cleaned up. Then after that it will be time to head to bed.

Minho looked at me with wide eyes. 'Why da shuck do I have to clean him?' He mouths angrily.

'Because I said so you slinthead!" I mouth back. 'And also because greenie is a boy you are a boy. Seems fair. I don't wanna see those man parts!' I add hoping he could decipher what I mouthed.

He rolled his eyes and let out a quiet groan. "Alright." He walked up next to the greenie." . Cmon greenie, let's get you cleaned up."

I smiled as they walked off to the bathrooms. Minho wouldn't admit it, but he was actually really kind and caring. He was actually quite good with kids.

I chuckled as I watched him look back at me his nose scrunched up. Believe it or not, Minho would be an amazing father.

Shaboom! How bout dis chapter shanks! Chuck arrived!!! And it's just a few chapters before he's ready to make a sassy contribution to the sass queen and king!

I know this chapter wasn't that long but there shouldn't really be a boundary for my chapters to be in so I'm gonna stop saying that these chapters are short now.

Btw did you guys cry at the video way up there? I know I did😭. It was just too many chuck feels. *sobs*

Anyway the next chapter should be up by next Monday at the VERY latest, but hopefully by either Saturday or Sunday.

👑ILY SASSY SHANKS! SLAY LIKE MINHARA SLAYS OUR FEELS!👑