(Chapter 28) Cinnamon and Apples

I woke up after an amazing 5 hour nap feeling incredibly refreshed, like I could do anything.  I stretched my arms out, my hair flawless, and my skin absolutely perfect and glowing as I let out a cute little yawn.

I'm just kidding, who do you think I am? Some perfect Disney princess? I woke up feeling like trash, my hair looked like a birds nest and I had some insane morning breath. Yes hello, I'm Tamara, welcome to the real world, hope you enjoy your stay!

I smiled loving the feeling of not working. Alby and Newt had excused me from my duties today due to my "woman problems."

The funny thing is, I actually tried to go and help out in the homestead with Clint and Jeff, but they stopped me saying that I was in no shape to take care of other people when I was sick myself. So I took the chance and took a nap because really what's a girl without her power naps?

I snuggled deeper into the covers letting Minho's cinnamon and apple smell surround me and lull me back into yet another nap.

"Tamara!" Minho shouted bursting into the room excitedly.

"What is it?" I ask groggily.

"Wow grumpy pants, I'll come back later with the exciting, mind boggling news that could change your life forever."

"No, I'm sorry, what's this mind boggling news?"

"We may have found a way out." He told me, his eyes gleaming with happiness.

"Really?" I ask jumping out of bed to wrap Minho in a bear hug.

He spun me around and nodded smiling to the point where his eyes were just adorable little lines. "Yep! We're about to go and check it out soon so get ready!" He put me down and left the room to tell the others.

I laughed and looked around at everything like it was the last time I'd see it. Gee golly I wasn't going to miss the glade at all. I quickly got dressed thinking that I'd could shower when we got out of here.

I ran outside and was met with a crowd of gladers chattering excitedly. "Tamara!" I heard someone shout. I looked around for the voice until I found little Chuck running towards me.

"Have you heard? We're going to get out of here!" Chuck told me excitedly, jumping up and down. I laughed, "yes we are Chuck. We are getting out."

"Alright guys listen up!" Alby shouted from the middle of the crowd with Minho and Newt standing beside him. "I get it if you're scared and don't trust us, so if that is the case, speak so now and you can stay here, we won't judge you."

It was to no surprise that no one spoke up. Who would want to stay in here when there is the entire world outside of here, a paradise, a place without grievers, without danger!

"That's what I thought, so without further ado, Minho, let's get the shuck out of here." A chorus of cheers rang in the air and many people pumped their fists in the air.

I squeezed my way up to where Minho is and smiled up at him. "So where is this exit place?

"Its kinda hard to explain, but i'll try anyway. Its nearby the place where we found each other when we were both in the maze, except to find it, you have to climb to the top of the maze wall and find your way to the wall with the widest top base. Then nearby there's some kind of trap door that leads down somewhere, and that somewhere is what i figured to be home." He attempted to explain.