(Chapter 24) Finding Minho

JUST KIDDING BABES. OML SORRY FOR BEING A HORRIBLE PERSON. I LOVE YOU ALL. I was actually going to wait a week or so until updating, but then I told myself that would be evil so I'm updating it now. I WOULDN'T ACTUALLY END THE BOOK THERE. I WOULDNT DO THAT TO YOU ALL. What kind of evil author would actually end right there? *shudders* anyway, back to the story.

Tamara

(This song is quite lovely to listen to whilst reading this chapter. It really gets your emotions in a whirl, and your heart racing.)

After a few moments of standing there awaiting my death, but not getting it. I opened an eye and saw the griever just standing there.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Feast you foul beast!" I chuckled slightly at my rhyme.

It continued standing there, as still as a rock. "What did you do? Did you die on me? Did you run out of fuel, are you low on battery?" I asked exasperated.

I had not been told of griever acting this way, not eating, or stabbing the first human they see. I stood there extremely confused when it let out a low grumble full of pain. How I could tell it was full of pain I do not know. I just did, it was just one of those things that you can just tell.

I slowly stepped forward hoping that Charlie would continue his statue like pose, and not move. "Are you hurt?" I ask, craning my head to see if there were any visible injuries on Charlie Boy, and found none.

Charlie flopped to the ground and rolled onto its back. Or stomach. I don't know. That was when I saw a large spear jabbed into the grievers slimy body. "Yikes, how did that happen?" I ask as if I expected an answer.

I cautiously scooched forward and wrapped my hands around the spear firmly. "This is most definitely going to hurt so prepare yourself." I warned, before swiftly pulling the spear out.

Why the shuck was I helping a griever? Why was I feeling sympathy for a griever? What the shuck was I even doing? Charlie could kill me after I'm done helping it.

I stood up and backed away from the griever Charlie. "You good now? Good." I said quickly before turning around and swiftly walking away. I should be finding Minho anyway.

I look around and suddenly remember the views I got from on top of the maze walls. I could probably find Minho quicker if I was up higher. So I used the strategy I used before, and used the vines go pull myself up, using crevices to push myself upwards when I could.

I hoisted myself over the edge and balanced myself on the top, scanning the maze searching for anything even slightly resembling a masculine Asian man.

I almost cried when I saw a small silhouette around section 5 pacing. It had to be Minho. It had to be. I couldn't even let myself think that it was just a trick of the moonlight, that it was probably just a really large vine.

I jumped off the wall. (Just kidding) I slowly eased myself down the wall and then ran in the direction I saw Minho, calling out his name as I ran.

After a couple of minutes I heard a shout. "Tamara?"

Tears sprung to my eyes as my heart thumped in my chest and I urged my legs to run a little faster. "Minho! I'm here!" I call out casually tripping over thin air in the darkness of the night.

A smile tore across my face as I heard his voice getting closer and closer by the second. I didn't know why I was getting so excited over this one man, why my face was breaking into a smile just because I can hear his voice.

I turn another corner and my heart leaps expecting to see Minho right there, but instead of being met with beautiful brown eyes, bronzed skin, and a famous smirk. I was met with a wall blocking me from going any further. "Minho?" I shout.

"Tam-" He gets cut off by a loud shriek and a clicking. My heart sinks and my soul shatters. "Good god why can't you dang grievers just leave us the shuck alone!" I mutter fiercely under my breath.

I let my gaze drift up to the glooming wall and I sighed. My muscles already ached from the second not so little climb up the wall, but I couldn't just sit here and let the griever devour Minho.

"Suck it up buttercup." I whispered to myself as I took many deep breaths and prepared my muscles another lovely adventure that would probably tear a muscle.

I crouched down and then leapt up grabbing a vine and shuffling myself up, trying my best to ignore my muscles telling me that I couldn't handle anymore. I pulled myself up another few feet and relaxed my muscles for a bit, letting myself just hang there for a little while to stop my arms from quivering out of their sockets.

After a few moments of rest, I heaved myself up and continued climbing up, my arms quivering from agony only seconds in, but I wasn't about to stop there. Only a few more pulls and I'd be at the top and then the ride down would be so much easier.

I took a deep breath and heaved myself up onto the ledge having to literally kick my feet in the air to help me reach the top.

I sat down on the ledge and took one to many deep breaths. I was absolutely worn out from coming up here, how in the world was I going to be able to get down and try and help Minho ward off the Griever?

I sighed and looked over the edge hoping that my body could somehow take this much strain on my muscles. "Minho!" I whisper shouted over the edge unable to see Minho clearly through the darkness.

I waited for an answer, but the only response I got was silence. "Please don't be dead. Please. Don't. Be. Dead." I pray as I ease myself down the wall.

I'm not going to write a long authors note at the end of this chapter like I usually do because I don't have anything to really say except for the fact that I'm probably going to add an instrumental song to each of these chapters that go along with the mood of the chapter to help your emotions work at its full potential. Enjoy these next chapters because I'm almost done with this book!