(Chapter 25) No One Survives a Night in the Maze

...

Minho

"Your such a stupid idiot Leo." Minho sighed leaning over the mangled body once called Leonardo.

Minho gulped, blinking away tears and taking deep breaths. He averted his eyes, trying to look anywhere but at Leo.

His eyes glanced at the sun for a split second and he scowled slightly.

"The sun is the hottest thing in the universe experts said." Minho mimicked.

"Everybody knows that I'm the hottest thing in the universe. The sun ain't got nothin on me." He scoffed.

After telling himself repeatedly that he was most definitely hotter than the sun, he noticed the position of the sun.

"Holy Klunk." Minho breathed realizing that the maze doors would close in 5 minutes.

He was so close to smirking and saying that he could totally do it. And saying that he was the fastest man in the glade, but he quickly stopped himself. He didn't have time to marvel over his magnificence.

"R.I.P Leo." He said quickly before spinning around on his heel and running through the corridors at the speed of light. Ok I digress, not at the speed of light, but still pretty darn fast.

He heard the large crack and began panicking as he heard the start of the doors closing. "KLUNK I'm not even half way there yet! Who would do this to such a handsome hunk of man like me?" He shouted to absolutely no one.

Minho heard the ground shaking boom that signaled that it was too late. He stopped running and bent over resting the palms of his hands on his knees as he heaved in the air that he couldn't get earlier.

"Shuck." He muttered before sliding down the wall and to the ground.

1 hour latèr

Minho's ego was totally shattered after that moment, and without his ego, was Minho even Minho anymore?

He stood up and began pacing nervously remembering all the times he was told, and all the times he told the greenies that no one survives a night in the maze.

He was snapped out of his trance by a voice calling out his name. Or maybe it was just a figment of his imagination.

He heard the voice calling out his name again and he instantly recognized it. He would know that voice anywhere. "Tamara?" He called out.

"Minho I'm here!" She shouted again except this time the voice seemed to be getting louder.

Minho's heart leapt and his spirits rose from 0.001 to 1000000000. He ran in the direction of her voice and was met with a wall. "Shucking heck." He muttered under his breath.

"Minho?" Tamara shouted again except this time she was less sure of herself.

"Tam-" he stops, noticing a deathly silence behind me. It was unnatural. He turns around and am instantly met with a loud shriek, recognized glade-wide as the shriek of a griever.