Oh Shit He's Hot

Esmeralda sat on the couch, listening to Spain play on his guitar. Even though she didn't want to admit it, this past month with him was actually really fun. He took her out shopping and both hating to be alone, had no other choice but to hang out with each other. Esmeralda no longer found him annoying...she found him sweet. Still annoying, but sweet.

"So let me guess, once Lovino comes back, you're going to be so embarrassed about all the time you just had to hang out with me, that you're going to go back to neglecting me" Spain smiled, but deep inside, he was serious.

Esmeralda rolled her eyes. "Don't be stupid Spain. I'm not two faced. Plus, it'll be funny for him to come home and see us getting along" she finished the braid in her hair and looked at the Spaniard seated in the floor. The two balanced each other out perfectly. Esmeralda's fiery personality was amusing to Spain and Antonio's care free personality kept Esmeralda in check. She began maturing greatly after accepting Spain and had stopped putting so much energy on hating him. The two had a very interesting friendship, like a love hate one because Esmeralda could still be a little stubborn at times and lash out at him with her words, but Spain just smiled and forgave her later. In just one week since the ball, she aged a bit and now. just a month after, resembled a seventeen year old, and Spain was taking this into notice how womanly she was becoming...

He sighed, "You're growing up so fast".

"Oh come on, no sappy moments remember?" she smiled at him and his heart melted. He had finally gotten her to give him a real smile without even trying. He smiled back, he was cheesy and sentimental and as much as it made Esmeralda smile, she told him it was totally lame and not her thing.

"But I thought you liked all my cheesy jokes" he strummed his guitar lightly as his green eyes met her brown ones.

"Yeah I do, but let's just stay away from sentiment. I'm not a little girl anymore" she laid down on the couch and looked up at the cieling.

"Not one bit, you're becoming quite the woman! I'm proud of you" even though it scared Spain how independent she was, he couldn't help but admire her drive and passion. She snorted and they sat in comfortable silence for a while.

"Hey Antonio..." Esmeralda was the first to break the silence. He made a soft noise indicating that he was paying attention. "Thank you. For everything. You've been really good to me and I've been nothing but a bitch. I'm sorry"

Spain felt his stomach flutter and he lit up. "Really? No problem, it's no big deal, really!" he laughed and got up, hugging her tightly. She didn't hesitate to hug him back this time. She wrapped her arms around his neck and took in his sweet scent.

"Hey, what happened to no sappy moments?" Antonio teased.

"Shut up before I never hug you again" New Spain smiled and only hugged him closer.

"That would be horrible! I'll trick you into hugging me" he smirked and sat down on the couch with her.

"I wont fall for shit" she matched his smirk. The two stayed like this for a while before breaking the silence with bits of laughter, or at least, Spain did. He couldn't keep a straight face and Esmeralda was slowly cracking hers, but quickly joined him when she couldn't hold the face anymore. "We're ridiculous" her laughter slowly died and she played with the hem of her dress.

"Tell me Esmeralda, what do you like?" Spain pulled her in his lap and rubbed her shoulder.

"That's a vague question. I like festivities" she simply answered. Spain rose an eyebrow, the likes and dislikes of a colony always foreshadowed the future of their country, if they ever became one. Personality would also help predict this, but likes and hobbies were huge and painted the country.