Prepare your weapons

Spain sat at the camp with the rest of his soldiers. They were discussing the plans for the war that was to come. A shaky Fernando walked up to them, looking behind constantly to make sure he wasn't being followed. Spain looked at him and couldn't help but laugh. "Settle down Fernando. Your acting like you have the devil on your trail", other soldiers were now laughing. Fernando looked down at the floor. "you have no idea...", he said quietly while shaking his head. "What was that?", Spain asked asked. Fernando snapped out of his thoughts. "Oh nothing senior, but may I ask a simple question?", he asked his country. Spain thought for a while before giving him a response. "Si, go for it. But it better be worth my time. As you can see, i'm a bit busy", the conquistador gestured to the huge map in front of him. "Well you see, you know I support you in every decision you make. I mean, your my home and I'm very proud to serve you, and I will never doubt you or ever let you fall while i'm alive and," Spain crossed his arms and decided to interrupt the young man. "Fernando, get to the point.". The soldier let out a sheepish laugh. ''Ah si senior. Sorry about that. What I am trying to say is....hmm how do I put this? Well, do you really need this? I mean, the girl. Is it that important that you have to go to war for just this one girl? Don't you think you have enough colonies?" Spain stood up and walked over to the man and stood in front of him. He had a serious and intimidating look on his face. "Fernando, are you questioning me? Does my best soldier not have faith in me?", Fernando started to freak out. "Oh no senior! I-I would never! It's just," Spain shut the man up. "I hope your not. And you better feel damn lucky I like you." Spain's voice was lower now with a tone that would make you piss your pants rite then and there. "Because if I didn't and you had the balls to question me, that wouldn't be good would it? Of course not. I don't think this really concerns you. Yes I need her and that is my own personal business. None of you need to worry your little hearts out about it. Who cares how many colonies I have. The more the better am I rite? I am the greatest power in the world and the more places I conquer, the more powerful I will be and the more people will know it. Especially that bastard England. I know you guys will do whatever it takes to make sure we win. You guys are the best and toughest soldiers are you not? We are so big and strong! No one stands a chance between us. And you better make sure the Aztecs know that by the time we leave with their most prized possession.". A couple of cheers were heard as the Spaniards raised their drinks in agreement. "Oh and Fernando... she is more then just a little girl. She is greater than that. I need her and I will have her. She's an interesting person..." Spain drifted off into thought. He suddenly remembered where he was. "Oh, sorry about that. So yea. None of you better ever call her 'just a girl' and we better win. If we don't, you'll never hear the end of it", he said darkly before disappearing into his tent. His soldiers stood there frozen unsure of what to do. Fernando decided to end the silence. "You heard him! WIN!" he waved his arms and left the big meeting tent.

That night, Spain went to the tent of the head of his military. "Senior Cortes? I was told you wanted to speak to me" Hernan Cortes looked up when he heard his beloved countries voice. "Ah si, sit down". The two conquistadors sat. "So tell me España, did our plan work?" Spain's face lit up. "Si! It did! It took a while but I finally got her to agree to war." Cortes let out a chilling laugh when he heard the answer. "Those fools...and are they expecting a fair war?" Spain answered with a quick nod. "Great. That's excellent. You know why? Because if they expect us to be fair, our invasion will be most successful. Set up a date for our first 'battle' and make sure it's no time soon. We will invade before said date and they'll be so surprised and unprepared that we'll defiantly win. I mean, we'll win either way, but this way, our victory will be greater. I want land and you want a colony. We will get what we want. They'll never see the invasion coming! Those Aztecs will suffer for thinking they stand a chance against us Spaniards. Let me give you some advice España. That is how you get them. That is how you come out a winner. You lie to them about being fair, then, you get them when they least expect it.You turn their friends against them and use that to their advantage. In the end, I will have led your greatest and easiest conquer, the king is proud of us, and you will get your dear colony. Will they forgive us for cheating? Of course not. Will we care? Of course not! Why should we care about how they feel when in the end we rule and control them. It's a happy ending! Well...for the Spanish it is. A TOAST! The invasion will begin February 1519!" the two toasted to what was soon coming.