Upper Hand

The rain poured down on the large house, trapping the residents inside with nothing to do. Esmeralda and Lovino sat on the couch, watching Antonio as he quickly shuffled back and forth between the living room and his bedroom, taking sheets and pillows with him and dumping them in an absurd pile of clouds in the middle of the living room.

"What the hell are you doing Antonio?" Esmeralda rose an eyebrow, watching his every move with question.

"Oh so now it's Antonio! What, you're on a first name basis with him? I leave for one month and now you guys are all buddy buddy? Is this a conspiracy or am I missing something!" Lovino interjected before Spain could answer Esmeralda. He crossed his arms with a huff and looked back between the two. "Well! I'm waiting!"

"Jeez, calm down Lovi. Does me calling Spain Antonio get your panties in a twist? We're on good terms, chill the fuck out" Esmeralda eyed him, unsure of everything that was going on. Spain had blankets, Lovino flipped out because she called Spain by his name. Men.

"When the hell did this happen!" Lovino's voice was almost a shrill as his arms flied around with every syllable.

"While you were away, obviously"  she rolled her eyes, but sneaked a glanced at the angry and confused Lovino. She's always liked seeing him like this, it was amusing and adorable, but now...she bit her lip and looked away before he caught her staring.

"How! No, you know what, I don't care! Go ahead and be chummy with whoever you want! Well, I mean, you really can be, but...Just how did this happen so quickly! Are you going through shock from having me gone for so long and you were forced to hang out with him?  No, no. I don't care remember?" he went on rambling, loosing his train of thought. "But anyways! If you really must know Esmeralda, ANTONIO is obviously running around like the uncool moron he is and placing blankets on the floor so he can lay on them and look at the ceiling, thinking over his pathetic life".

"Lovi, that's what you do" Esmeralda shot him a smirk and he stuck his tongue out in response. "Oh! I'm so scared! Sticking out your tongue and insulting me like a child!" sarcasm dripped down Esmeralda's voice dramatically and Lovino gave a soft laugh.

He shrugged and faced her. "Old habits die hard" he smiled warmly, causing a blush to form on Esmeralda's face, which made Lovino's stomach flip. The two stayed like that for a while, smiling and blushing at each other, the Spaniard in front of them completely forgotten. Spain stood with his hands on his hips and cleared his throat for the seventh time, frowning. The two snapped out of their trance and looked over at Spain who immediately smiled when they turned their attention to him.

"I'm ready!" he announced, gesturing over to the pile behind him. He had pillows and poles and blankets of all sorts.

Lovino blinked, "Ready for what? Are you going to wrap us up in there and roll us down a hill?" Lovino asked, unamused.

Spain gave out a giggle, "No silly! Since it's raining, I decided we'd do something fun!"

"Fun? No offense Spain, but you're head is still a little old fashioned. We're in the seventeen hundreds, not the seventeenth century" Lovino's comment had caused a fit of laughter from Esmeralda, which clearly upset Spain as he frowned deeply and shot a glare at Lovino, he knew this would happen. He knew Lovino would step in between whatever he had with Esmeralda.

"Just trust me on this! Since we're stuck inside, I decided we'd camp in the living room!" Spain, grinned, proud of himself for coming up with such a thing. "Come on, help me set up" he took up a thin blanket and set it on the floor, followed by a fluffy one.

"There's no way I'm doing this lame shit. I've got better things to do" Lovino crossed his arms, feeling the event to be childish and he didn't want anything to do with it.