Doll-like beauty

Spain's house was a particularly busy one today. No one wanted to be late for the ball. Everyone was getting prepared and checking on arrangements. Bags were being packed as well. Tonight was Feliciano's last night with Spain. After the ball, Italy will be going back home with Austria, taking Romano with him for a couple of weeks. It was required that the two brothers spend some time together in their own country for business purposes. Italy, unlike New Spain, was supposed to flourish and become its own image, instead of a copy of another country.

It was also Alfred and Arthur's last night. Alfred and Esmeralda sat in her room. Alfred was in the process of being dressed, but somewhere along the road, he just stopped for the moment. His dress shirt was untucked and halfway buttoned. He sat on Esmeralda's bed, twiddling a piece of fabric that was supposed to transform into a bow tie that Arthur made him wear. New Spain was still in her nightgown, brushing her long wavy hair in front of a giant polished silver plate. Alfred stood up and walked to Esmeralda, wrapping his arms around her and snuggled his face into her neck, trying to memorize her feel and scent before he was gone for who knows how long. "I don't want to leave", he said against her neck. Esmeralda leaned into his strong arms and placed her hands on top of his. "You don't want to go home?", she looked down. Alfred had the choice of leaving his country, and then going back. Esmeralda was stuck in Spain. "No, no. It's not that. It's just that...", he sighed deeply and turned her around so he could look at her. He stared at her, looking for the right words to say. "It's just that I don't want you to disappear from my life again. I don't want to leave you. A-and, Who knows how long it'll be until I get I see you again! It could be centuries!", you could see the fear in Alfred's eyes in loosing Esmeralda all over again.

Esmeralda wrapped her arms securely around his neck, "Alfred. This isn't the end, I promise. We'll see each other again. Write to me! And I'll write back. I know it's not much, but at least you'll be hearing from me, and this time you know where I am and that I'm safe". America held her in his arms, "I just want to be with you, freely". Esmeralda leaned up and kissed him, "I promise, someday, we will be together without having to hide it. But as long as we're serving Spain and England, we can't". He pouted, "It's not fair", but nodded and kissed her back. The two savored the kiss and made it last, in case it was their last. They pulled away breathless. Esmeralda had her hands on his chest and noticed his half buttoned shirt. She had almost forgotten about the ball. "Guess it's time to suit up", she said slowly as she started to button up the rest of his shirt, taking her time, not wanting the American to leave anytime soon. Alfred still held her against his body. When she was done, he lifted her chin up and started to kiss her again. Their bodies were pressed together and no air could get through. Alfred gently pressed her against the wall without interupting the kiss and wrapped her left thigh around his waist. He slowly rubbed her thigh up and down with his large, calloused hands.

Esmeralda moaned into the kiss and her hands slid up Alfred's chest and made knots into his blond hair. Alfred moved down and kissed her neck gingerly, earning some light tugging at his hair. He went back up and kissed her lips a few more times before breaking away. "You promise me that you won't forget about me. That you'll wait for me and that we'll be together again", his blue gaze met her brown gaze. She placed a hand on his cheek, "I promise". He suddenly jumped up in delight and squeezed her tightly. "Yay! That's so cool man!", he peppered her face with kisses. She placed her hands on his chest and slightly pulled him away. "Alfred, I can't breath!", she was laughing, but her voice indicated that she was caught off guard. He laughed as well and let go, "My bad. You should probably get ready. I'm gonna go ask Arthur how to wear a bow tie". He kissed her cheek and dashed out the door.

She laughed softly and just stood there for a moment. She didn't feel like getting ready yet, so she went over to Lovino's room. Inside, the two brothers were trying to get dressed and pack at the same time. She leaned against the door and smirked, "I thought Spain told you guys to pack last night". Feliciano pouted from the floor, trying to figure out how he managed to put his pants on backwards. Lovino stepped out of his closet, fully dress in a pinstripe suit. "And I thought Spain told you to get dressed right after breakfast", he looked at her and matched her smirk. She rolled her eyes and he snorted. "You look nice", Esmeralda complimented. It seemed as if the suit was made for him and his brother. "You know I look damn good. Pinstripe is really fashionable in Italy right now", he flattered himself. "Yeah, you guys look like the mafia", she laughed. "Whatever. Just go get dressed", he rolled his eyes. "I can't! France is on his way with my dress and shit", she waved her arms. Since Spain had such a bad sense of directory, and England refused to lead the way to France's house, Francis was taking them all there. Esmeralda thought that was a senseless idea, but didn't argue. Suddenly, the sound of the front doors being opened traveled up to the room and a loud French accent was heard greeting people. France and Prussia made their way into Romano's room. "Bonjour my lovelies! Esmeralda, come on. I have everything ready!", France waved for her to follow him. She looked over at Romano and pouted. He smirked, "Have fun becoming a doll".

Once in Esmeralda's room, France laid down the ensemble that was her gown. "I picked out the most beautiful dress for you!", he held up a crimson red ball gown. Esmeralda gaped, not really sure what to say. The dress was astonishing with black little details lacing up the bodice and the rest flowed out. "Okay. Chop chop. Take off that night gown and we'll get started!", France clapped his hands as Prussia just snickered from the bed. Esmeralda looked down at her night gown and then back at the men. "Oh! We get it! Our bad! France, turn your pervy ass around and give the lady her privacy", Prussia slowly turned around and France followed suit right after he handed her the first piece. She quickly slipped them on and told them she was ready. Layer after layer they piled on the dress and it was starting to feel heavy. "How many layers are there!", Esmeralda exclaimed as Francis slipped a thin dress over her head. "You're almost done mon amir. You will look fabulous!", France sounded giddy and Esmeralda just sighed, hoping it would all be worth it. Next, France took out something with a lot of lacing and placed it on Esmeralda's torso. "What is that?", she raised an eyebrow. Prussia smirked, "It's called a corset. You might want to hold on to something". Esmeralda didn't have time to respond. France was behind her pulling on the laces as hard as he could to get a tight fit. "Holy mother of Jesus!", Esmeralda lost her breath. "What is this!", she exclaimed. "Calm down my dear. This is the highest fashion in Paris right now", France bragged. Esmeralda scolded, "Well then women in Paris must've learned not to breath!". Prussia laughed at this all, "Don't worry! It'll make you look extra sexy".

Finally, it was time to put the ball gown on. Esmeralda did as she was told and lifted her arms up. She felt  the smooth silk falling down her body like a glove. France smoothed it out and stepped back in admiration. "Mon Dieu. I have never seen such a beautiful young lady", France breathed out. Prussia looked up from the pillows and his eyes went wide. "Damn girl! You look...HOT! But like in a classy 'too good for you' way. Look at you working that!", Gilbert complimented. Esmeralda looked down and her body looked amazing. The fabric hugged at her curves and straightened her back. She felt so mature and sophisticated. "So this is what it's like to be classy", she smiled as she moved around a bit, hearing the end of the dress swish. Francis took out a bag, "Hair and makeup!".

France worked his magic beautifully. He gave her a bold but simple look. Eye enchanting strokes and dark red lipstick. Her hair was put into tight curls and pulled back with a couple of loose strands out to frame her face. She wasn't so used to being so made up. She wore dresses that moved freely and never any makeup. She hardly recognized her self when France held up a reflective plate. Gilbert offered his arm, "The awesome Prussia is here to escort the beautiful Vice-royalty of Spain". She inwardly frowned when he mentioned her title, but she took his arm any ways. "You do know Francy pants is gonna make a scene out of this just to show off to England", he whispered in Esmeralda's ear. She laughed, "Oh hell yes". Francis ran in front of them and down the stairs where everyone was waiting. "And now my fellow gentlemen! And Arthur....", he giggled to his self while Arthur tried to yell at him. "May I present to you the beautiful Esmeralda! Dress picked out by your's truly and hair and makeup done by moi", he gestured towards the top of the stairs as Gilbert and Esmeralda emerged. She looked a little uncomfortable at first. She had never worn heels before and she was having trouble breathing, but then by the third step down, she found her confidence. Romano stopped fidgeting with his tie and his jaw immediately dropped. Alfred lost his breath and let out a tiny "Oh my God...". Feliciano started clapping and whistling, "You look sooooo pretty! Bella!". Spain looked at her with great admiration, knowing that what he was looking at was his, but also because he thought she looked like an angel sent straight from heaven. His angel. England merely nodded and checked his pocket watch. Everyone's eyes followed her down stairs.

Once she was at the bottom of the steps, Spain quickly went to her side and observed her again. "You look so beautiful", he took her hands and she looked away. "Um..thanks", she stood there not knowing what to do. "Yes great job frog. Now can we please get going?", England said to France. "Oui but of course!", he answered as he ushered everybody out of the door. Once the brothers, Arthur, and Alfred had all their luggage set in, they were off to the ball.