Let It Go

New Spain sat in the chair of Spain's office day dreaming, unaware of the Spaniard in front of her trying to hold a conversation. Every night, Alfred and Esmeralda would sneak out into the old garden and just enjoy each others presence. Throughout the day, Alfred liked to sneak random kisses and send her cheesy love letters that lacked romantic ability, but New Spain loved them none the less. She kept all the letters in a little ornamental box, a gift from France. By now, the box was half full. When she can't sleep, she whips out the box and reads through the silly letters. She finds Alfred's careless and sloppy handwriting to be soothing.

Antonio frowned at her, noticing the little attention she was giving him. He moved his chair so he was sitting in front of the girl. He allowed himself to let their knees touch. She still wasn't noticing him and his frowned deepened. He leaned forward and studied her developing face. Child-like features were leaving to bring in womanly features. He observed her small nose and the slope of its bridge. He studied the way her full lips curved in a slight smile. He studied her round chocolate eyes. He observed her jawline. He took notice into how smooth her face was and wanted nothing more then to touch it, so he did. He ran his slender fingers slowly down the side of her face, savoring the feel of her warm face. He let his hand go down to her chin and cupped it. "You must be thinking about something very satisfying to not even notice me sitting right in front of you".

She jumped with a start as the mans words bought her back to earth. She looked into green orbs that belonged to a face only inches away from her own face. She pushed back until she was pressed up against the chair, but at least she wasn't so close to him anymore. Despite her attempts, he leaned even further. She shifted a bit in her seat. He made a face of curiosity, "You had the cutest little smile. Whoever you were thinking about is a lucky person to have you smile like that for them". His eyes poured into her own and she tried to turn her head to the side to avoid eye contact.

"I wasn't thinking about anyone..." she tried to lie but Spain wasn't convinced. "Then what were you thinking about? No one smiles like that just for no reason. Although," he coolly leaned back in his chair and Esmeralda found herself releasing a breath of air she didn't notice she was holding. Antonio continued, "You are a very precious person...You do seem like the type of person who just wanders around smiling for no apparent reason, but I know very well that you also like to walk around with a deep scowl. So I'm confused". He eyed her up and down with an unreadable face. She shifted around once again and turned to the side, "Why are you confused? I don't see a single thing to be wondering about...You think too much" she also kept her face straight, trying to play the cool card just like Antonio seemed to be doing. He crossed his arms and smirked, "Is that so?"

New Spain nodded, pretending to be bored. "Yup. Don't worry your old self out, we wouldn't want you having a heart attack would we now", she made a face of fake concern. Spain read the fake face and pretended to be amused, " Oh so now I'm an old man huh? Well, if I did have a heart attack, which would never happen, let's see the odds and outcomes. The kingdom of Spain would be in despair and loss, they still will be able to function but they won't be as powerful. England will finally have the rights to give himself the title of the biggest power on Earth, and what a shame that would be. Now let's get to more important matters, si? Lovino Vargas. He would be able to go back to his lovable, able country or go live with Austria along with his brother. He will be perfectly fine and his country won't be in any harm. Maybe a bit changes from Austria, but nothing life changing". He paused from his long speech and looked at her, but to his disappointment, she was showing no reaction. Her face was like a stone as she forced her self not to show any interest in him. He sighed, "Boring you am I? Okay I get it. Now lets talk about you", her face flinched as she almost showed curiosity to what he was about to say. She wasn't sure where he was going with this but she knew she wouldn't like it.