Forgivness

The past couple weeks have been nothing but chaos for Romano. Antonio and Esmeralda were still mad at each other and had no signs of backing down and forgiving. There was a heavy negative energy throughout the entire house. Every time they walked by each other, they pretended the other didn't exist. They always glared at each other and when ever they did talk, it was to argue, and Romano was always sucked into their conflict. "Man I'm hungry!", Esmeralda played with her fork as they waited for Spain to bring out dinner. Once dinner was set out, Esmeralda looked at her plate of Spanish cuisine. "I'm not hungry anymore", she pushed the plate away from her. "What do you mean? You just said you were hungry", a tired looking Spain looked at her disapprovingly. "I can't eat this! I've lost my appetite", Lovino sighed knowing where this was going. Spain threw his fork down sending it in a clash. "Why not? Whats wrong with it?", a sense of edge could be heard in his voice. "Nothings wrong with it. I just don't want it, so I won't eat it", she crossed her arms and Spain gave a deep breath. "God dammit I don't have time for this. Stop being ridiculous and eat your food", he picked up his fork and ate a mouth full. Esmeralda leaned back in her chair, "No, you can't make me eat". Spain stood up sending his chair back in a loud screech, "The hell I can! Now stop and", Romano chose this moment to try and stop the fight. "Hey you guys, were all hungry rite? Mmm this is really good", he awkwardly at a fork full and chewed slowly. Spain pointed a finger at the young boy. "You stay out of this Romano!", this time Esmeralda stood up herself. "Don't talk to him like that! He didn't do anything wrong!", she leaned across the table as she defended him. "I wouldn't have to be yelling at him if you just sat down and ate your food!", he also leaned across the long table. Romano sat stuck in the middle since he sat at the side of the table and the other two sat on the ends. he groaned and regretted trying to help. "I already told you, I'm not eating!", Esmeralda threw her silverware down. "Well your going to have to eat eventually", Spain narrowed his eyes and held on tight to the edges of the table. "Yeah I will have to eat later, but not now and not this!", she pointed at the food that had already cooled down.

The two started yelling at the same time giving Lovino a massive headache. He couldn't take it anymore. He stood up and banged his fist against the table causing them both to be quiet and turn their attention towards him. "Will you two just shut up! All you guys ever do is argue and it gives me a fucking headache! Will you just make up and we can go back to living they way we used to! Now, I don't even know what started this fight, but it needs to end now!", he yelled at them at the top of his lungs and was now breathing heavily. New Spain and Spain gawked unexpectedly at the young boy. Romano stood up, "I'm done. With dinner and your shit", he left the two standing there and went up to his room. Spain looked down at the table, knowing Romano was rite. "I uh... I guess I'm done too. Good night", his voice was shaky and he avoided eye contact. He pushed his chair in and grabbed a bottle of wine before going into his room. Esmeralda sat down and stared into empty space. She gave a deep sigh and started eating the cold food. Once she was done, she trudged up the stairs into her room. When she opened the door, Lovino was sitting on her bed with his arms crossed. "Tell me whats going on between you and Antonio", it was more of a command and his voice was stern. The girl shut the door and slumped over to her bed.

"Go away Lovino. I don't wanna talk about it", Romano crossed his arms and stared her down. "No, I'm done with all this. What happened", he watched her as she sat on her bed with her back facing him. "Nothing, we just got in fight. That's all", Lovino could hear a tint of sadness and sat next to her. "Oh really? I would've never guessed", sarcasm dripping from his words. "Just tell me what happened", Esmeralda took a deep sigh. "We were talking about how I came to be his colony and just got into an argument", Lovino could tell there was something more. "I know your only telling me half the story", New Spain sighed. She never talked about her mom, but she wanted to tell Lovino badly. She just needed to get it off her chest. "Lovi, have you ever wondered how I became Spains colony and then a country?", Lovino knew she used to be a capitol but the thought never occurred to him. He scooted closer to her waiting to hear for more. "Well the Aztec Empire was my mom. Spains people wanted land but Antonio wanted me. So he asked my mom if he could have me but she said no. So he declared war but instead of playing fair, he invaded. My people were losing, my home was being burned to the ground. So then I was in my mothers room, and a servant came in telling us Spain was coming. She told me to run away but I hid in a tunnel. Then Spain came in and um...he gave this short speech about how he was winning and he had my mom  shared a couple words and then he uh...he...", Esmeralda chocked up when she tried to say the last part. Lovino had been holding on to every word and wanted to hear what Spain did to the empire. He put a comfortable arm around her. He wasn't good in these kind of situations and tried to comfort her. "And um...he killed her. With his ax. And I saw it. He smiled the entire time...", Lovino stared wide eyed. He knew Spain wasn't all smiles but he didn't know he would that far for a little girl. A tear rolled down New Spains cheek but she continued. "So with the empire gone, I became a country and I tried to hide, but Spain found me and bought me here. So I asked him what happened to my mom to see what he would say, and he said she was too sick and died before he could do anything. He lied to me Lovi, he lied to my face and walked away", Lovino felt a pang of sympathy. He wasn't sure what to do so he pulled her in a hug as she sobbed into his chest. He stroked her hair, feeling he needed to say something, but he didn't know what. He lifted her chin and looked at her. Her eyes were shut and tears were rolling down her face. Her usually glowing skin was one shade lighter. He was about to lean in for a kiss when suddenly the door burst open. A tired Spain stood there with an empty bottle of wine. He looked as if he had been crying also. "I-i'm sorry. Please forgive me, I don't like to argue with you. It breaks my heart. I never meant to yell at you, but I try so hard to keep you and Lovino happy. Please forgive me", the Spaniard pleaded in the door way. Esmeralda knew it was time to end their little argument. So she walked over to him. "Yeah I know, I understand. I forgive you, but it's also my fault", Spain pulled her in a giant hug. "I forgive you princesa! Ah this is so lovely! Get in here Lovino!", Lovino made a noise of disapproval but decided to join the hug.