Everyone Can Cook

Esmeralda had spent most of her morning wrist deep in every single cleaning supply the mansion had to offer. On waking up, she decided to have herself a refreshing glass of tomato juice, but tripped over a passed out Lovino and spilled half the beverage on the carpet. Not once would she move from her spot, viciously scrubbing at the floor, unless it was to get a new rag or more water. Her wavy hair was coming out of its up-do, her clothes were splashed in water, and mild curses slipped out; all for a tiny little stain.

A chuckle was heard from above, where Antonio was sitting on the couch, watching Esmeralda clean away. "You've been going at that stain for hours. Just admit it's not coming out. Come relax and sit next to me, I'm feeling lonely" said Spaniard patted the cushion next to him and pouted.

Esmeralda looked up at him from her place on the floor and pointed a soap covered finger up at him. "Listen here you lazy little shit, I have been doing this for so long and I will not stop until the stain is gone! I'm not just gonna give up! It's tomato juice, it comes out! Trust me, being in a house hold with me, you, and Lovino, I know how to get out any stain! But this fucker is being too stubborn!", she went back to angrily scrubbing at the floor, only managing to make the stain fade, but not disappear.

"Aw come on princesa, just come over here and relax. The stain is stressing you out, and I'm only getting lonelier" Spain beckoned her over, but just like the stain, she wouldn't budge.

"Hell no. I'm gonna show this bitch who's boss. It thinks it can just reside on our carpet? Not in my house! And if you're really that lonely, why don't you just call up Lovino, I'm sure he's lonely too" she wiped the sweat off her brow and untangled soap from her damp hair.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind, but it's not the same as cuddling with you! You actually cuddle back!" he pouted at her and she groaned, tossing her rag into the bucket. When she had her mind set on something, she didn't quit until she reached the finish line, but when it came to Spain's strong arms and sweet smile, there was only one obvious answer. She rid herself off of as much soap as possible and hopped up onto the couch, greeting Spain with a quick kiss on the lips.

The country and his colony had been dating for a while now ever since Spain finally told her how he felt during a night out, in which Lovino fell asleep on the entertainment. The relationship was strong and loving, and clearly more than just a country taking more control over his most precious colony. He saw her as much more than a piece of land and she saw him as much more than a piece of land that owned her piece of land. It was a beautiful, blossoming love in which both sides were happily participating and balancing each other out as well as learning many new things. Of course, Spain felt the need to make sure Lovino was comfortable with it, and the Southern Italian answered with a:

"Yeah, just keep the sex quiet and behind locked doors"

Romano then gave Antonio his best shot at a manly speech about taking good care of Esmeralda and then later, jumping up and down with the girl once Spain left them alone.

Spain smiled softly and easily dragged her on to his lap, pressing another kiss on her lips. "Just relax princessa, I'll take care of the stain later", he nuzzled the side of her hair, enjoying the way it smelt of spices and herbs.

"Seriously? Because no offense, but your cleaning isn't anywhere near as good as mine. I haven't seen you clean up anything in ages" she pulled away just enough so he could see the smirk that planted itself up on her tanned face.

"Oh really? Because if my memory serves me correctly, which it does because I'm not as old as you and Lovino think I am, I remember cleaning up your act when you were younger" he mocked the smirk and then came the infamous eyebrow raise of New Spain.