Fratello Has A Crush

Spain came in holding the hand of a bubbly Italian teenager. New Spain observed him, then looked at Romano. The resemblance was obvious, but they had different features. Lovino was taller and older, Feliciano had a reddish auburn colored hair unlike Romano's brown. Italy's curl was on the opposite side and swooped down, she also noticed he was lighter then Romano's skin tone. Feliciano had on the biggest smile and pointed around while laughing. "You were right Lovi. He's nothing like you", Esmeralda smirked as she nudged him. Lovino scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Si, whatever". The boy immediately turned in their direction and ran trapping Lovino in a bear hug while swinging him left to right. "Ve, fratello! It's you! I miss you so so so so so much!", Romano growled and struggled to get out of his brothers grip. "Get off me! Your embarrassing me!", Esmeralda laughed thinking Feliciano was the most adorable thing ever. He seemed to glow with happiness that never died, even when he frowned and finally let go, he was still golden. "Ve...", he crossed his arms but then noticed New Spain. "Oh! Ciao bella! Lovi, you never told me you were living with such a pretty girl!", his voice filled the air with joy as he took her hand in both of his and shook it enthusiastically causing her to shake. "You here that Lovi, your bro thinks I'm beautiful. When's the last time you called me bella?", she teased Romano now knowing exactly what it meant. "Shut up. I call you it everyday", Lovino seemed to sulk and was annoyed with his brothers presence. He looked at the wall and kept his arms crossed tightly. "I'm the northern part of Italy! Italy Veneziano! Call me Feliciano!", he continued to shake the girls hand and she giggled, enjoying herself. "How about I just call you Feli,", he instantly lit up even more then she thought possible and nodded his head. "Ve! Bellissimo! I love it! And who are you?", he know looked at her with curiosity written all over his face. "I'm from the other side. I'm also Spains colony, New Spain. But please don't call me that. Call me Esmeralda", she offered him a kind smile as he sent her into a bone crushing hug. "Esmeralda! Stupendo! I'm so glad to meet you! We'll be buddies and make pasta together", he clung on to her tightly and she threw her arms around him enjoying his happiness a little too much. For three hundred years, she's been stuck with a clingy Spain who made her mad and a grumpy Lovino who constantly hit on her. Feliciano's attitude was just what she needed to lift the atmosphere in the house. "Si! Of course Feli!", she shouted as Romano pulled them apart.

"Okay, okay. Don't get too comfortable", a distinctive frown shown across his face. Esmeralda frowned. "Aw but he's so adorable! Don't be jealous, your adorable too! The way you get all mad and try to scare people off", both New Spain and Italy were now holding Lovino. He only frowned and looked down at them, "I'm not adorable. I'm fucking sexy. Get it straight", the two younger ones laughed. "Whatever you say fratello! Spain! Lovino's sexy!", he stretched his arms out and gave Spain a hug. Romano continued to frown in disapproval of his brother. "Well, now you know my brother. Happy?", his voice was plain. "Of course I'm happy. He's such a cutie and so fucking adorable! How can you not like him Lovi?" Esmeralda looked up at him. He looked in the opposite direction as soon as their eyes met. "Because, everyone ends up liking him more then me", his frown got even deeper as he worried about losing New Spain to his ditsy brother. "Don't worry Lovi, you'll always be my favorite Italian", she gave him a kiss on the cheek and he could feel a small blush forming. "Yeah well, me and him are the only Italians you know so that's not much", none the less he put an arm around her.

A couple days passed. Esmeralda and Feliciano became great friends. They would cook, draw, and embarrass Lovino together. Lovino pretended to hate it, but on the inside, he was just happy to see them enjoy themselves so much. Spain constantly took the three teens out for walks and lunch, he even let New Spain and Italy style his hair. Spain was glad that Italy came over because he and Esmeralda were spending so much time together laughing, but he knew as soon as Feliciano left, Esmeralda would go back to being distant and a trouble maker and that hurt Antonio. He wanted the moments to last forever, her laugh always playing in his mind. He wished they could be like this forever. He wondered why Esmeralda was so distant of him when they were capable of having such great moments together. She was his pride and joy, but she always neglected him and nothing hurt him more then that.

It was late at night but everyone was still up. They were listening intensely as Spain told them stories of faraway lands and legends. The kids had never heard about anything as magical as his stories. They felt as if they were in a trance, clinging on to every word that came out of Spains mouth. Spain yawned and stretched. "Alright niños, Boss is tired. I'm going to bed. Good night", he kissed the top of each kids head and started to walk away. "Wait! You can't just leave! Sit your ass back down and tell us more stories", Esmeralda had become fond of his enchanting stories and wanted to hear more. Spain lauhged, "Oh princesa, I'm sorry but I really need to go to sleep. Buenas noches". Esmeralda pouted. "Let him go", Lovino said, wanting to get rid of the adult. "Fine. Buenas noches España", Esmeralda laid down on the couch and let out a deep sigh once Spain left. "Ve, what do we do now? Oh I know! Let's make pasta, I'll get everything ready!", Feliciano didn't even let them get a chance to answer as he ran into the kitchen with the energy of a thousand men. Esmeralda laughed and sat up straight, "He's such great company", New Spain smiled in the direction of the kitchen where she could hear Feliciano get to work. Lovino shrugged and sat next to her, "Yeah I guess, if your into chilling with a loony country prodigy". Esmeralda scooted close to him, "What the hell does that even mean Lovi". Lovino sighed deeply and leaned forward on the couch, letting his arms rest on his knees. "He's amazing. He's artistic and great at trading. I thought we already went through this", he could feel a tear coming in the pit of his stomach. He always thought he was the black sheep out of his brother and grandfather. New Spain also leaned forward and rubbed his back, "Yeah we did. And what did I tell you Lovino. Your perfect they way you are. Stop trying to be so much like Feli. Just be your self". Lovino bit his lip and nodded.

He looked over at her, there faces extremely close but she didn't back away. Sadness and hope filled his glossy eyes as he reached his arm across them and rubbed her own arm. The arm that was rubbing his back was now around his neck. The two stared at each other, mesmerized in each others eyes. Lovino thought about kissing her, he felt as if the moment was perfect and that she never looked so beautiful before. He then remembered how every time they went in for one, they got interrupted as soon as their lips were about to meet. By now, Lovino realized if he was going to do it, he had to do it as soon as possible. His mind didn't let him move fast, he could barley even breath, but he slowly got closer, never taking his eyes off hers. Esmeralda felt hypnotized in his beautiful eyes. She held her breath as they got even closer. Chills were running through her spine but they were chills of excitement. The two stopped and she let out a shaky breath. Not even centimeters apart, they could practically taste each other. The taste of tomatoes lingered around the two as they felt themselves in pure pleasure even though they hadn't done anything. Just by being this close, was enough to shake them up. They continued to stare at each other, not sure if they should make the final move considering what always happened to them. Spain was asleep and Feliciano was busy in the kitchen, so Romano thought there was no way to get interrupted this time. He wanted her kiss more then anything, she was the only girl that could get him speechless and make him feel like jello covered in goosebumps. He was about to quickly close the barley non existence space between them when suddenly, "PASTA!", Feliciano was knelt right in front of them, he frowned when his brother turned to him with a face that looked like he could kill. "Ve...did I interrupt something?", the youngest Italian asked innocently. Romano grabbed Italy and started shaking him violently, "Shit yeah you did! Learn to observe your surroundings bastard!". Feliciano started to cry and New Spain put a hand on Lovinos shoulder, "Come on now, stop hurting him, it's not his fault. He was just exited about the pasta. Right Feli?". Italy sniffed and shook his head, "I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!", Romano let him go slowly, but kept shooting daggers at him. Esmeralda wrapped Feliciano in a hug, "Let's go make that pasta". Italy instantly lit up as if nothing happened. "Pasta! Let's go", Feliciano cheered as he ran back into the kitchen.

Later that night, Lovino laid in his bed that he was forced to share with his brother. He was still boiling with anger and refused to look and talk to him. "Fratello, are you awake?", Italy nudged Romano. Lovino groaned annoyed, "What do you want. I'm trying to sleep". Italy stayed quiet for a while, "Ve, do you like Esmeralda?". Lovino froze and stared at vacant space, "Go to fucking sleep". Italy clapped, knowing how to read his brother. "That's wonderful fratello! I knew it! Ah, she's so pretty and I think she likes you too!", Lovino was blushing madly at his brothers words. "I mean, the way you guys stare at each other! It's so beautiful fratello! Why don't you just tell her how you feel?", he gave Lovinos back a look of concern. "It's a lot harder then you think. Now go to sleep, your annoying", Lovino pulled the covers all the way up so Feliciano couldn't see how bad he was blushing. Italy smiled feeling accomplished. He had a talent for reading love signs and he could always tell when someone liked a person and he thought it was the magnificent thing in the world.