A Toast to Growth

As time went by, Esmeralda continued to grow quickly, but Lovino grew even quicker. The Italian had finally reached adult hood, appearing at twenty two; after careful observation, Antonio proclaimed that Lovino had finally reached that part in a countries life where they've become fully grown.

"Congratulations Lovino! You, my friend, are finally a grown man" Spain patted said man on the back as he poured some fine aged wine in a glass. The Spaniard had thought it'd be great to celebrate manhood by having some drinks. Esmeralda on the other hand, didn't think it was that great of an idea to be giving Romano alcohol considering he was already on his fourth glass and took into demanding Antonio to "Fill it up you ass hat! Fill it all the way up!", and by the time it was filled up and brought to his lips, he spilled half the thing on his chest.  

Lovino didn't even noticed as it spilled down on his shirt and drank the rest of the cup. Spain was also on his fourth glass, but wasn't the least bit drunk. The two shared a couch while Esmeralda sat on the other couch right across from them, gazing at Lovino with awkward curiosity. She hadn't had a sip of wine because, while Spain was sure she could handle herself and was willing to give her some so she wasn't left out, Romano would protest by saying that the drinks were for adults only.

"You gotta hurry up on growing Esmeralda" Lovino reached out and patted her head as red wine rolled down his chin. "Spain and I, Spain and I are men. I am a man now, like Spain. We're adults, and you're still a young little girl. It might be, well you know...awkward living with two grown adults while you're still an under aged country. Be strong, it's gonna motherfucking be okay" Lovino drabbled out with his eyes half lidded and a lazy grin on his face. He set down his glass and grabbed her face in his hands. "You just gotta hurry up and catch up to us!"

She plucked him off of herself awkwardly and leaned back so he couldn't reach her. "Do you have any idea how much of an idiot you're making out of yourself?" she eyed him as he began looking through his empty glass as if the wine had suddenly drained out from the bottom. Spain chuckled and took the glass from his hands to refill it. Esmeralda opened her mouth to question  if Lovino should even consume any more alcohol for the rest of the year, but pursed her lips and sighed instead. If Lovino wanted to get drunk off his ass, then so be it.

Lovino chugged down his glass and coughed a little. Antonio grinned, giving out a little "Woah there!", and patted Lovino's back as he proceeded to pour yet another glass.  Romano yanked it out of Antonio's hand and slammed it on the table, causing the wine to slosh all over the place.

"No, no. I don't sound like an idiot. I'm just speaking in the language of adulthood. I'm speaking in the manliness that I reached when I became an adult" he kept his eyes on Esmeralda and blindly reached for his glass, knocking it over and spilling its contents on his lap.

Esmeralda leaned over and grabbed the bottle of wine, placing it next to her out of reach before Spain could give the drunken Italian even more wine. "Alright, that's enough. Anymore and you're going to puke all over the place. And knowing the two of you men", emphasize on the word men, "I'm going to have to be the one to clean it all up".

"Aw come on Esmeralda, there's no harm being done! He's just happy, look at his gleaming face" Spain gestured to Lovino who was mumbling quietly to the arm of the couch.

"Yeah. Face of a winner" Esmeralda said sternly, clearly unamused. Spain frowned and looked over at the almost empty bottle of wine, then looked over to the Italian punching the sofa arm.

He sighed and ran a hand through his curls, "Yeah maybe you're right. Come on, help me get him up to his room". He stood up and pried Lovino off of the couch. Lovino tried to cling on to it, but Spain was too strong and didn't break a sweat as he easily swung the squirming Italian over his shoulder.