Finding A New Talent, And New Feelings

Romano sat on the couch letting off steam. Spain had hired someone to come and redo the wallpapers in their rooms. Esmeralda's room and Spain's room were already finished and now they were doing Romano's room. They would be in their all day and he wasn't allowed to go in his room so it could dry. He was stuck sleeping on the couch and wasn't too happy about it. He was staring out into the morning sky with his Italian flag blanket while munching on a tomato when he heard a crash. Another crash came soon after that but from another place in the house. More crashes were heard one rite after another. Little shredded pieces of his old beige wallpaper were scattered around randomly. An even louder crash was heard and then a scream. Romano only sighed and rolled his eyes. This was just an average ordinary day in Antonio's house. Esmeralda liked to cause chaos and have Spain chase her around the house while he yelled at her and she laughed in his face. Lovino curled up in his flag blanket and counted off the many things she's done to wreck the house. So far she's manged to set the kitchen on fire multiple times, she's flooded the house, she always tracked in mood. One time, she took some food supplies and stuffed them under Spain's bed where he never noticed until they would rot. Romano took another deep sigh, sure he thought it was funny and all, but Esmeralda always charmed Spain into not being mad at her and Lovino was stuck cleaning up her mess. Just as he suspected, an energetic New Spain leaped over the couch and ran out the double doors. Even though she was out side, he could still hear her laughing loud and clear. Soon after that, Spain popped into view looking like he was about to explode from stress and frustration. "Esmeralda! Get back here!", he barked the command looking around trying to catch his breath. In both hands he was holding broken vases, he was sweating and his hair was a mess. Romano took a look at the steaming man in front of him. "Let me guess, Esmeralda is breaking everything she can get her hands on?", Spain let out a deep angry growl. "Si. Did she go outside?", he gritted his teeth and waited for the answer. Romano nodded and Antonio dropped the vases and ran out slamming the doors behind him sending an unpleasant echo through the house. He peaked around the front of his house and saw her running off into the streets. He quickly ran after her shouting the hole time. "Esmeralda Carriedo! Get your ass back in the house!", New Spain only stuck her tongue out. "You gotta catch me first! Whats wrong Spain? Out of shape? How do you feel about being out run by a little girl huh?", she smirked and ran even faster, no where near running out of breath. Spain was now fuming and pressed to run faster. He noticed a tall fence up ahead of them. There was no way she could get pass that fence and Spain would finally get her and be able to punish her for destroying every last glass object in the house. He would also make her clean up the shredded wallpaper she scattered around the living room. Esmeralda looked at the tall fence as she was quickly advancing. She looked back at Spain who was now smirking, knowing she reached a dead end. "Watch and learn Spain. I don't give up easily", and with that, she jumped on the fence and got a good hold of it and simply jumped over the edge and landed safely on the ground. Once on the other side, she smiled triumphantly. "That was fun! I just jumped that big fence! Spain did you see that!", Spain stopped running and gaped at what he just witnessed. She had managed to jump over the fence gracefully in one swift move. He stood in front of the large fence and took in how tall it was. "How did she...", he pushed the thought out of his mind. He had more important things to take care of. He climbed the fence and toppled over landing on his back. He rubbed his neck and cursed out loud. He stood up and looked over to his colony who was jumping yet another fence. He looked at her in disbelief as she jumped over easily. Esmeralda jumped fence after fence with out breaking a sweat, loving the rush she was getting as she discovered her new talent. Spain managed to climb over the fences but his back was sore because each time he got on the other side, he feel on the ground. After a while, Esmeralda came to a stone hedge and sat on top of it. She grabbed a tomato out of no where and took a well deserved bite. A disfigured Spain finally caught up to her. He breathed heavily and was trying to rub his back. He gave her a weary look, "Esmeralda, get down. Now". The young girl laughed and threw her tomato hitting him dead in the chest. "Please come down. So we can go home and you can clean up the horrible mess and we can keep going in peace?", he pleaded with the young girl. She hopped off and looked up at Spain. "Well, I guess your rite Antonio. It's okay, I'm willing to take the consequence for my actions. You can punish me, I deserve it. I'm sorry", she averted her eyes to the ground and pretended to sniffle while a fake tear rolled down her cheek. "Aw Esmeralda! You know I can't stay mad at you! Come here honey, please don't feel bad!", he pulled her in a warm hug, giving in to her sad display. "It's okay princesa, you don't have to worry about a thing. We'll go home, have some churros and tomatoes, and Lovino can clean up. How does that sound?", Esmeralda nodded. "You really forgive me?", Spain rubbed her back and took her hand so they could go home. "Of course, I forgive you with all my heart", the two walked home. Once inside, Esmeralda bent down in front of Lovino, who was still on the couch and stuck her tongue out at him and wrapped his curl around her finger before running off to the kitchen. Romano immediately bit his lip and tensed up as the familiar feeling set in. Spain came in smiling, "Oh Lovino, could you please clean up while me and Esmeralda cook something?", he then disappeared behind the kitchen door. Romano rolled his eyes and went off to clean his friends mess, he loved her to pieces but she was his biggest pain in the ass.