Of Curls And News

A long time has passed and Esmeralda and Lovino were now the physical age of fifteen. They were now in the seventeen hundreds. New Spain now spoke fluent Spanish and finally took it as her first language. She had manged to mature greatly and was a very responsible person when she had to be. She was still wild and stubborn, but took to a liking in cleaning and gardening. Because of that, she usually did all the work around the house and the servants were barely needed, so it was usually just the three nations together alone. Ever since she had that huge fight with Spain, he made her clean up around and she discovered she was really good at it. In the garden out back, Spain set out a whole section just for her where she grew tomatoes, chilies, and avocados. She was an excellent cook and often made meals for Lovino, Antonio and herself. Lovino on the other hand, was still his grumpy, jumpy self. Even though he was the older one, Esmeralda could sometimes make him feel as if he was the young one. The two kids sat in Esmeralda's garden. Or more like Esmeralda picked tomatoes while Romano complained about the heat. Romano leaned on the picket sign that New Spain and Spain had manually painted and put together. The sign and it's post were white while the words 'Esmeralda's Garden' was painted in big red letters.

"It's hot! Can we please go inside and take a break?", Lovino whined as he fanned himself. Esmeralda sat on the dirt inspecting the lower tomatoes. She looked up at him, "Seriously? Lovino, we just took a break. And besides, it's not even that hot so stop complaining". Romano rolled his eyes, "Easy for you to say! Back in your country this is nothing! But my country doesn't get any where near as hot as yours, so I'm dying here!". Esmeralda sighed. She was used to Romano whining. In the three centuries she had lived with him, he barely did anything else besides sleep, eat, curse pointlessly and hit on girls. She let out a couple curses under her breath in Spanish and Romano instantly jumped off the post and pointed a finger at her. "Hey! I heard that! I couldn't understand it but I heard it missy! You and your fancy Spanish!", New Spain suddenly felt overwhelmed in exhaustion because of the Italian. She stood up, dusted her knees and picked up her basket of fresh tomatoes. "What are you doing?", Lovino gave her a questionable look. "We're going inside and taking our break like you wanted to. Because you can't handle a little heat and couldn't wait for our actual break time in ten minutes and decided to act like a small child", Lovino wasn't the only lazy one. Spain and Esmeralda could be extremely lazy at times, but were very hard workers when it came to field work. Esmeralda put her hands on her now very curvy hips, "Now, are we going to go inside where you'll plop your lazy ass down and make me cook something for you, or are you going to act your age and actually help me so we can finish even faster?". The Italian teenager looked at his friend. She had became extreamly attractive, just like Netherlands said she would. She even looked good in her current attire, she was wearing boy clothes. Brown capris with an earth stained untucked white button up shirt that had the sleeves rolled up to her elbows and she was barefoot. The shirt was buttoned up but had just enough space to get a small peek at full cleavage. Girls could get serious punishment for wearing that, but Spain had bought her male clothing so she could garden in comfort. Her hair was falling out of her braid that stopped above her stomach area, leaving random waves here and there. She still wore the golden cross that Spain gave her when she first arrived and the three now all had the same religion thanks to Spains hard work. Dirt and mud covered her knees, feet, face, hands, and arms. He sighed deeply and grabbed the basket, "I'll help I guess, you crazy tomato loving bitch". Esmeralda smiled kindly, "That's a good boy. Thanks Lovi".

The two teenagers went down her long rows of tomatoes, only picking the perfect ones. The reddest, plumpest, and hardest ones went straight into the woven basket. Pretty soon, they met the end of the last row. Esmeralda looked proudly at their basket which was overflowing with the fruit, "Looks like we're done!". Lovino came up from behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Yup. Now we have time to just chill and stuff", Esmeralda raised an eyebrow. "And stuff? What kind of...stuff?", she put a lot of emphasis on the last word. "Oh you know, just normal stuff. New stuff, we could try something new", Lovino leaned down to kiss her cheek and Esmeralda rolled her eyes. "Oh God Lovi. Your so hormonal", she couldn't help but smile at the Italians behavior but pushed him away and kept walking. Romano caught up to her and moved in front of her making them face to face. He wrapped his arms around her, "Come on now bella. It's okay, Spain can't see us from here. Now Give Romano a little kiss". Esmeralda let out a quick laugh. "That might work on every other girl here, but I see you complain, spazz out, and cry on a regular daily basis. So that makes it hard for me to swoon over you", she let him hold her, but she crossed her arms. His smirk almost faded when she crashed his smoothness, but he soon recovered. "Aw don't be like that. You know you wanna show me some love", he kissed her cheek again and then kissed her jawline down to her neck where he gave her gentle kisses. "And besides bella, I know there is a lot of sexual tension between us", Esmeralda started laughing. "Sexual tension? Between us? Lovino what are you talking about, God your crazy", she pulled away from him and continued on walking. She knew he was right, but she chose to ignore it for the moment.

He ran up behind her and pinned her to the ground as he got on top of her supporting himself on his hands knees. "Your not getting away this time Esmeralda", over the past three hundred years or so, the two had many romantic moments but as soon as one of them got the guts to lean in for a kiss, they were interrupted. The two were very flirtatious with the kids in town, but niether had ever been kissed. Suddenly, Esmeralda flipped them over. Now Lovino was on the bottom and Esmeralda sat on his waist. "Dammit Lovino, why do Italians have the sex libido of an entire soccer team?", she had also noticed that Lovino was becoming a very good looking guy. Romano smiled putting his hands on her hips but she suddenly got distracted. "Iv'e noticed you always tense up when I touch your curl. Sometimes, your face even turns red...Its time to find out what it does to you!", Lovino panicked and tried to get out from under her but was too late. She had a tight hold on it. "P-please, don't pull it", he hoped she would listen. "No, I wanna figure this thing out", she gave it a long pull, and then another. Lovino shut his eyes and held his breath as she continued to tug on it.

"There you go Romano, getting all weirded out. Hey, you know it's almost as if your getting...turned on...", she slowed down on the last part and her eyes got wide as she let go of the curl. Lovino silently prepared for the worst. Esmeralda felt as if she was sitting on a bulge that wasn't there a moment ago. She slowly reached back for the curl and tugged on it a couple more times. Just as she suspected, the bulge got even bigger and she gasped. "Lovino Vargas! Oh my God! Your curl turns you on! It totally does!", Lovinos face turned red from embarrassment. "N-no it doesn't!", he tried to get out from under her. "Aw come on it's so obvious! H-how does that even...", she let Lovino out and he interrupted."I don't know, it just does okay. Same with my brothers curl. It just does. Plus, I'm surprised it took you this long to find out", he could feel his nerves coming back but he still felt awkward and embarrassed. "That's just....Hey! Well at least my hair doesn't turn me on", she got up and started walking towards the house. "Come on, I gotta go make dinner", she motioned for Romano to follow and he did. Once inside the house, she pushed the basket of tomatoes in Lovinos hands. "Where's Spain?", she asked looking around. Lovino shrugged, "Probably in his office. He said he had business". New Spain turned towards him and wrapped his curl around her finger. "Good idea Lovi", Lovino sighed. "Your gunna use my curl against me aren't you?", Esmeralda nodded knowing she now had power over the Italian. "Let's go find the bastard",she said and they walked there way into many hallways untill they were facing the door of his office. Light pored out and they knew he was in there. "Spain can we come in?", Esmeralda asked as she knocked. "Si", was there simple response and Romano burst through the door. "What the hell was that?", New Spain raised an eyebrow at him. "Shut up bella", Lovino stuck his tongue out and took a seat in front of the grand desk. Esmeralda rolled her eyes and took the seat next to him. Spain sat at his chair behind the desk looking uneasy. "My darlings...I have some good and bad news", he sighed scanning over two letters.

"Well tell us the good news first, obviously", Romano put his feet up on the desk. Spain put down the letters and rubbed his eyes. "If you insist. Austria and Hungary have an important meeting and I'm watching over your brother Italy while there gone", Romano's jaw dropped. "What! Like, he's coming here? That damned bastard...I don't have time for this", he sulked in his chair. "Si, he's coming to visit. But when he leaves, he's taking you with him Lovino, so you can visit your home for a couple weeks", Romano rolled his eyes as he took in Spain's information. "Fine. Just don't follow me this time", Spain gave a weak laugh at his comment. Esmeralda felt herself getting excited. She had always wanted to meet Italy and now it was finally happening. She knew he was nothing like Romano and was interested in how it would turn out. "And now for the bad news. You both know about England. Well, he has to come over for a couple weeks, around the same time Feliciano will be here", Esmeralda looked at him quizzically. "And that's bad news?", Spain sighed. "Of course it is princesa. We hate each other and he'll be staying here with his damned colony. Probably trying to show him off...", Spains voice was bitter. "Ha, you'll be stuck here with four teenagers. Suck on that!", Lovino started to laugh but New Spain punched his arm. "Anyways. I just hope we can settle our business well without any breakouts," Antonio sighed as he picked up another letter. "So whose this bastards colony anyways?" Romano asked while examining his shirt with a bored expression. "Eh, who cares. Some kid from the other side", Esmeralda could feel her stomach get in knots, knowing he was talking about her continent. Spain continued as he observed the paper closely. "Ah here it is, 'Sir England', yeah right, 'And his colony America will be staying with you for a month'. There you go. America. Feliciano will get here next week and England and America the week after that", Spain simply threw the letter watching it flow down. New Spain was speechless and frozen.