An Unallowed Friendship

"X-Xochi? Is that...you!", Esmeralda felt as if her heart were about to burst out of her chest as her body filled with joy. The American had remembered her, after all these centuries. "A-actually, my name's Esmeralda now. But yes! Yes Alfred, it's me!", the two exploded with happiness, finally finding the one person they needed most. They threw themselves into each others arms, in a bone crushing hug that made up for all the hugs they missed out on. Alfred couldn't contain his laughter and a couple tears of joy rolled out, "Man! You have no idea how much I missed you! Oh my God I was so worried!". He was piratically screaming in her ear, but she didn't mind. She just kept holding onto him, as if it was all a dream and the minute she let go, he would fade into the darkness. "I missed you too! So much it fucking hurt! But look at you! Your so tall and handsome!", she loosened her grip, but only so she could get a good look at him up close. He had the same loving, high spirited face from her days with him. All his baby fat was gone and she could feel muscles under his shirt. The spark he always had in his eyes was even brighter, as even more crazy dreams filled his heart day by day.  

He appeared older then she, but younger then Italy and Romano. There were different things too, like the muscles she noticed earlier. She could tell by his features that he was becoming a man, as she was becoming a woman. He was no longer a little boy. "Ha! Of course I'm tall and handsome! What kind of hero would I be if I wasn't? And you! I mean, just look at you! Your so...your so gorgeous...", the excitement in his voice turned to dreamy as he got lost in her eyes, missing everything about her. New Spain gave her long lost friend a warm smile that caused another blush to form on his cheeks. He pulled her into another hug, but instead of another air constricting hug, it was snug and sincere. The close and lovable contact caused Esmeralda to blush herself as she wound her arms back around him. "I missed you so much", Alfred softly whispered in her ear, forgetting that the others were still there. Everybody watched the two disapprovingly except for Feliciano. He was smiling ear to ear and rambling about how cute the scene in front of him was. Lovino was watching with an indisputable frown, taking note in how his crush held the American and even blushed. Lovino traced back in his memory and couldn't find a time when the girl simply blushed from a few words and a hug. He also didn't like the way America was handling her. He was jealous. Simply, and obviously jealous.

She pulled away, "Come on! Let me show you my room!". She grabbed his hand and ran inside, their laughter being louder then anything possible. England watched as the two teens disappeared behind the door. "Hmm, it appears that our colonies know each other and need some catching up to do. How interesting, am I right", his tone was bitter, but his face seemed cautious for America. "If your little brat tries-", England was quickly cut off. "My princesa won't do anything bad to your little colony unless he gives her a reason to. If anything, I'm worried about her safety with someone that was raised by you", Spain sneered as he looked down on the Britt. "My Alfred would never! And what the bloody hell does that last part mean!", Arthur pointed a finger at the Spaniards chest. Spain put on a formal smile as he lifted some luggage, "Nothing at all, but I will be keeping an eye on America. Now, would you like to head inside? It's getting dark". England scoffed as he also hauled some luggage and trudged inside.

Once in Esmeralda's room, Alfred jumped on her bed. "Woo! I'm so tired from that ride", he stretched out his arms and legs, enjoying the freedom of his limbs. New Spain laughed and plopped down next to him, "It couldn't have been that bad. Could it?". He gave out a quick laugh before answering, "Try being in a ship, then a small carriage with a party pooper like Iggy. Yeah, pretty bad. Not to mention his cranky mood from having to see Spain". He looked down at the short girl and traced the back of his hand on the fabric of her dress, "Xochi, er I mean Esmeralda! Are you wearing satin! Wow look at you go!". Esmeralda laughed and took his hand in hers, "Yup! I haven't worn animal skin in centuries". Alfred nodded approvingly, "Well you wear it awesomely, but I think I'll actually miss all your war paint and feathers". He intertwined their fingers together. "Oh, why thank you! And I'll miss them too but, oh well", she plainly shrugged her shoulders. She threw him back into another hug, not able to get enough of him.