Chapter 34: Just Breathe

(Tuesday's Pov)

When I woke up it was around ten o' clock. I yarn and stretch my arms. I just relies, I haven't showed up to work since my dad died. I didn't even think about calling my boss Max. I guess I've been so caught up in drowning my grief in drugs and alcohol.

What was going through my mind the past couple of days? I can't believe I said all those things to Milo and acted kinda crazy.  I'm happy he didn't stop bothering me about my sudden change in behavior. If it wasn't for Milo, I'll probably be drinking or smoking weed right now.

I still haven't gotten over my dad's death. Deep down, I'm still hurting inside. But I know the only thing I could do now is to accept what happen and eventually I will heal in time. I just hope it doesn't take forever. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and was surprised. I still had dark circles and baggy droopy eyes from lack of sleep. I look like a zombie! Maybe later I could take a nap and catch up on some sleep. I brush my teeth and walk downstairs. I saw Milo still sleeping on the couch.

I quietly grab a bowl of cereal and went back to my room so I don't wake him up. While I was eating some lucky charms cereal, I decided to call my boss Max. "Hi Tuesday" he said cheerfully. "Hey" I said a little confused. "How are you?" he asked nonchalant.

Shouldn't he be mad right now. After all I haven't showed up to work for about a week and didn't even bother to call him. "Um.. aren't you mad I didn't showed up for work for the past week" I said hesitantly. He sigh and said "I heard what happen to your dad."

"Oh" I said speechless. "If you want, you don't have to come to work today" he said sympathetically. "But I feel guilty that I haven't showed up for work" I said truthfully. "It's ok Tuesday, I completely understand" Max said assuring me.

"Alright..... if it's ok?" I said unsure. "Of course it is. I'll just get somebody else to cover for you" he said easily. "Thanks max" I said gratefully. I hang up the phone and continue to eat my lucky charms cereal. This got my thinking about what am I going to do after high school.

College is crossed off the list because I can't afford it. My dad still has some money saved up in the bank but not enough for four years of college. I'm a average student, so I'm not going to get a scholarship. I'm seriously running out of options. I don't know what to do.

Maybe I could get a second job. I heard the door creep open and I saw Milo. "Hey you're awake" he said cheerfully. "Yep" I said while sitting up. "Darrel texted me if I wanted to come over his house. You wanna come" he asked me. "Sure" I said happily.

"Well I'm gonna go to my house to shower and get dress. I'll just meet you at Darrel's house" Milo told me. "Okay but where does Darrel live" I asked. "He lives close to the library. On 226 liberty street" he explain. "Ok I know when it is" I said nodding my head.

"I guess I'll see you later" he said smiling. He turn to leave but I quickly embrace him in a hug. Then I gently whisper in his ear "thanks Milo, for everything." He turn his head to face me and said "It's no problem Tuesday after all I do care about you." I smiled at him and he glances at me curiously.

"What?" I asked confused. He looked away from me and said "Oh nothing." I eyed him suspiciously but let it go. "Bye Tuesday" he said and left. That was weird but I brush it off. I got dress and drove to Darrel house. I walk up to his house and knock on the door.

I waited for a couple of second until Scarlet answer the door.  (A/N: She was Darrel's sister that got into a car accident that was in the hospital) "Hello Tuesday" she said cheerfully. "Hi Scarlet! How are you? " I asked her.