Chapter 32

MANDY'S POV

The roar of the wind and fire around us is deafening. I cover my ears to keep my head from exploding. I'm already weak and now this. My head is pounding and my breathing is becoming more and more impaired with the smoke around us.

"Take your energy back!" Lucius yells into my ear and I shake my head no. If I do that I will gain his dark energy and I will become evil, and I could not live with myself if I did that.

"Just do it!" He yells into my ear as we watch Semiazas get closer and closer with the portal to hell following him. I again shake my head at Lucius.

"Please just do this for me! I promise you will be fine." He yells at the top of his lungs and I close my eyes. Do this for him Mandy. Do this for him. I concentrate on Semiazas, although weak I still have enough energy in me to pull back what he has taken, although only just as slowly as he ad taken it. I open my eyes and see the flow going back into me, but something is different this time I can't feel the evil in it. I look over at Lucius and realize why. I see a miniscule glowing string connecting from him to me. He is the one taking the evil out of my soul. He is taking the small bits of Semiazas that I pull with me and is putting them into his soul. Once I see this I stop pulling my energy back from Semiazas.

And then the roar dies out and everything is silent. Too silent. The fire has stopped and the portal to hell has shut. There is no wind whatsoever. Lucius and I both look at Semiazas.

"How did you get in here?" Semiazas asks Lucius.

"I just did, I mean I'm a ghost I can do that sort of thing."

"Yeah, but ghosts can't get into this... I protected it." Semiazas dumbfounded and a little shaky.

"It just happened." Lucius says glancing at me.

"But that's impossible." Semiazas says and then I decide to speak up.

"Maybe it's because you killed him." I say with daggers attached to the words. "You were planning to kill me, you have killed him. Maybe anyone you have killed can get in here. Because they are attached to your soul, not that you havea a soul but you get what I mean." I suggest, but it's not really a suggestion more me just trying to scare him. But it takes a lot to scare a demon.

"No, that's not it. It's because he could see me when he was alive. That makes sense. But why didn't the ghosts stop him?" Semiazas asks rhetorically, and more just to himself than us. He looks at the ground and paces a little.

"Because they didn't when he was alive. He couldn't see them. She was right, Lucius could only see demons. But we killed that bloodline out long ago, Collin said so. It was small enough to destroy and so we did. But I guess we didn't." Semiazas looks up from the ground a smirk on his face.

"You think you're clever. Trying to scare me, by coming into this vision. Well you won't."

"What do you mean you killed the bloodline?" I ask wanting to know what he was talking about.

"The bloodline from the churches, they were blessed by angels to see demons and evil spirits, they were even drawn to them. But they couldn't see ghosts because they weren't evil. Of course these angels didn't know at the time there was already a big population of people who could see ghosts and demons but most of those people went crazy because well that's what people did in the 1600s... No wonder you found me, it's in your blood. Well that caused you didn't it? Because now you're dead. And now I get the chance to destroy your soul." His smirk now becomes and evil grin baring all of his teeth.

"No. We made a deal and that wasn't a part of it. You leave him alone." I say taking a step towards Semiazas and my body naturally fishing energy out of his and it flows into mine. I didn't expect that, but I guess my body was just getting what it needs. This time though I can feel the evil laced in with this energy. Soon that energy leaves my body and I can feel Lucius tugging it out of me.