Chapter 18

"Claire it's not what it looks like!" I say looking her right in the eyes.

"Oh so it doesn't look like my best friend and boyfriend stabbed me in the back?" She snaps.

"That's not what is-"

"If you wanted him that bad why didn't you agree to going out with him in the first place?" She screams angrily.

"Oh wait I know! So you can hurt your best friend by making out with him after he asks me out! You've always been jealous of me!" She yells before stomping into her room and slamming her door shut.

"What do we do?" I ask looking at Luscious.

"Well I actually have to go? Aiden's mom is waiting for me" He says and shrugs.

"You are not leaving me to deal with this." I say squinting at him, hopefully intimidating him.

"Your so cute when you try to act tough" He says and I sigh. He kisses me on the lips quickly before jogging down the stairs.

"Thanks!" I call down sarcastically just before he opens the front door and I hear him laugh.

Now I am stuck with a problem. That problem? Claire. I could go in there and tell her everything. Or I could make up some sort of lie. If I were to tell her the truth would I really have to tell her everything? I will I be able to get away with just telling her that Luscious possessed Aiden’s body and that’s why I was kissing him. 

That could work.

Or she would just get even more mad with me for not telling her earlier, and then shun me for life. Then I would be stuck without a best friend and a demon chasing after me! 

So much drama.

Claire likes drama…

Maybe if I told her the truth, the whole truth she would be excited. She would see it in a big TV show scenario or something, and if I told her she could help Luscious and I. Maybe this wasn’t such a bad idea.

And that is how I decided I would tell Claire everything.

“Claire?” I ask quietly as I knock on her door before opening it up and walking in. She is lying on her bed, face in pillow generating broken sobs every few seconds.

“Claire.” I say shutting her door.

“Go away!” She yells but it comes out very strangled and broken in between sobs.

“I’m sorry.” I say full of sincere hoping that she knows I really mean it. She doesn’t respond instead she just starts to cry softer. Okay I guess this is going to be a monolog. 

“Claire, really you have no idea what is going on. Really it is not what it seems, I didn't kiss Aiden. I know it looks like I did but I didn’t.” I say hoping it makes sense to her. She sits up and looks at me, still crying.

“Yeah, I know. He kissed you, you didn't mean to kiss him back you just got caught up in the moment. Blah blah blah.” She says sarcastically then adding, “You know very well that’s bull shit! You did this to hurt me. Your not a real friend. Your horrible and I never want to talk to you ever again! Just get out.” She says squinting her eyes at me in anger.

“No I did not!” I yell a little too loudly.

“I would never do this to you.” She says almost inaudible.

“Oh yeah? Well you did. You stole my boyfriend without even asking. You tell me everything! But you keep that you are dating Aiden a secret from me until this morning? Maybe if you had told me I would have prevented this from happening!” I say, loud but not as loud as before.