Chapter 27 (Part 1)

DICLAIMER: THIS IS AN EXTREMELY ROUGH COPY BUT YOU ALL DESERVE ONE HELL OF AN UPDATE SO HERE IT IS!

Lucius handles the whole Collin being a backstaber thing very well. He has a look in his eyes at the moment that mimick mine and I know all he is thinking is "revenge." I would be extremely upset as well if my mentor and best friend from the afterlife turned up being someone who helped with my own death. 

"Okay to get down to business, I need to know everything about your death. I know it will be hard on you, but I need to find any weaknesses they might have, and that could come from the reason they tried to kill you." I say knowing that his death will be a touchy but unavoidable topic. There was obviously a big reason that Lucius was wanted dead, and it might connect to why Semizas wants me dead as well.

"Okay I'll start from the beginning." He says taking a deep breath before beginning.

"Last summer I began a job at this farm house. I was employed by a John Walker and he seemed like a nice man, but no one else ever applied for the job, I figuired it was because he looked like a living version of Lennie from the book Of Mice and Men. I needed money to pay for a car and he was paying a good price so I decided I would take the job. I worked everyday doing different jobs, mostly rolling hay for the strange animals in the barn he had. They never seemed to move and were always sleeping when I went in the barn, and I thought it was weird but never really payed much attention to it until my last night alive." He says looking up at me. I remember from one of my visions the creepy barn animals that seemed more like statues than real live animals. I don't say anything just yet though and let Lucius continue.

"One night he asked me if I could help out in the barn feeding the animals and such. I thought it was weird because he had always fed the animals. Not to mention it was late at night when he asked me, thinking back to it now, I'm pretty sure it was passed 8 o'clock at night. That should have been my first clue something strange was going on. Who feed their barn animals that late?" Lucius decides to stand up and pace as he is talking. I follow his movements as he talks.

"Anyways he said he'd give me some extra money if I helped, and I was already so close to being able to pay for my car that I decided 'why not?' I helped carry some hay to the barn and helped him chuck them into stalls. The whole time all the animals were still and he said they were just sleeping. I wondered why someone would feed sleeping animals but I went along with it. Plus ocassionally I would hear a cow 'moo' or shuffle it's feet." As he is saying this I wonder what the heck it had to do with him being killed, but at the same time I can't help but remember the vdream I had the night Claire died and how it seems so similar to what he is describing.

"When I reached the back of the barn it was pretty dark so I turned on my flashlight. When I did this I noticed a square box in the corner of one of the stalls. I was careful to not disrupt the cow in the stall as I grabbed the box. And do you know what was inside?" He asks turning around to face me.

I shake my head no.

"It was a CD player."

"A CD player?" I question. Why would Semiazas have a CD player in the corner of a cows stable? And why is it important to Lucius's death?

"Yeah a CD player, and it was playing a CD that produced..." He paused for dramatic effect (I'm assuming).

"That produced what?" I ask, very confused.

"Barn animal noises, like cow's mooing and hoofs scuffling." He tells me sitting down on my bed.

"What why?" I ask, wouldn't the animals produce enough noise themselves to be annoying? Why would Semiazas want to put a CD player in one of the stalls that wouls make more barnyard noises?