Chapter 16

"No offense, but gosh you look horrible. Did you sleep at all last night?" Claire says as she hops in my car to ride to school. Luscious didn't tag along this morning. He told me he had some stuff to do and that he would see me later. I really hope he doesn't get into any trouble.

"No I didn't really sleep that well last night." I say looking in the rear view mirror to look at the car who just turned onto the road behind me, and may I add the car seems extremely close.

"Why is this asshole riding your bumper?" Claire asks. And I just shrug and continue driving to school.

"Must be some class mate that doesn't know how to drive." I laugh but I can't help but feel like it's something else. I try looking for a face in the car but I can't really see. I need to stop being paranoid about everything. I shrug it off not making a big deal about it.

"So I have some exciting news!" Claire says jumping up and down in her seat with a wide smile on her face.

"What is it?" I ask smiling at her. Know her it's probably something stupid she's excited about, but it never hurt to be happy for your friend.

"I have a date with a guy on Friday!" She squeals.

"What?! With who!" I ask practically jumping out of the car. Last I heard she had broken up with Daryll her on and off boyfriend. By now it seemed normal for them to be split up so much, but he never took her on dates so this means she might actually be done with him for good. She could very well be getting over him with another boy is what she is implying.

"Don't get mad..." She trails off.

"Why would I be mad?" I ask warily.

"Well... It's with Aiden..." She says and then cowers back in her seat.

"Aiden! You mean Aiden who I have had a crush on since middle school Aiden?!" I ask. No way would she do that to me! Why would she betray me like that? I mean I am with Luscious but still she doesn't know that! And you never go out with your best friends middle school crush!

"Well I thought it was okay because you turned him down the other day! So obviously your not interested in him!" She says and she has a good point. Yeah I might not like him as much as u used to but she still could have consulted with me to see if that was okay first!

"You could have at least talked to me about it first." I mutter as I pull into the school parking lot.

"I know but it kinda just happened. And I didn't have time to consult you first." She says as she grabs her bag from the floor. I guess I can't really be mad at her that much, I mean I did tell her I wasn't interested in him, and I did turn him down in front of her. Plus I can never stay mad at Claire, it's impossible.

"Yeah I understand." I say as I grab my bag as well and get out of the car. Where is Luscious when you need him?

"Come one you could have any guy in the school, cheer up buttercup, I mean you were the one that turned him down." She says as we walk up the steps and into the school.

"No I couldn't have any guy" I frown at her and head to my locker which luckily is not near hers.

"Yeah you could!" She calls over the noise of bustling of busy students slamming lockers and gossiping.

I shake my head and open my locker. I grab my books for first period, and as I'm about to shut my locker someone catches the door. I look up and it's no one other than Aiden.

"So I heard you and Claire are a thing now." I say searching his face to see what kind of emotion that brings to him. Surprising he just looks confused.