Chapter 4

AN: Okay, so I know this is far from being a good book, and I know 100 reads isn't big at all. But I'm so happy that people are actually reading my book. It's more than any of my other stories, but then again I never kept them up for more than 2 days, but I never got more than 60 reads on them. I'm just kinda happy. I'm surprised this many people actually read it. I mean I've only had it up since Sunday night, and it's only Wednesday night and i have 100 reads. I'm not bragging at all, because 100 is not a lot. But I'm just happy and grateful and glad someone's read it. So enough with my chatter and stuff, but here's the new chapter. Enjoy!

----//----

"I want food." Claire complains when I wake up.

"Good morning to you too." I say equally as grumpy. I guess you would say we aren't morning people. Or afternoon people, I think as I look at my clock which says it's ten to noon. This is actually pretty early for us to wake up.

"I'm not going to be nice until I've had some food." She glares at me, setting off down the stairs. I follows her into the kitchen and she pulls out a box of pop-tarts. She sure knows my house well, probably since she comes here every weekend.

I turn on the Keurig and grab a Carmel Coffee pack and wait for it to say "Ready to brew".

"So why did your Mom and Tristan come in the room last night?" Claire asks while munching on her pop-tart.

"They wanted to see what the screaming was. They were only ten minutes." I laugh. She laughs as well.

"They would be good at killing the kidnapper, after he already kidnaped us." She says laughing.

"That's what I said!" Now we are both laughing really hard. I don't know why though. What we said wasn't even funny. But that's the funny thing, when I'm with Claire everything is funny. Probably because she's so bubbly.

When we calm down we finish our breakfast then head back upstairs. Where I'm greeted with a surprise, I don't know if it's good or bad. There in my room is Luscious. He is always around isn't he? What is he even doing? He's literally sitting in top of my TV.

"What do you want to do?" Claire asks plopping down on my bed.

"I don't care." I say heading over to my dresser, it was next to my TV stand as I opened my dresser I softly whispered to Luscious.

"Your so annoying." I whisper quietly.

"We should just go into the city. To the movie or the mall or something." Claire says as she lays on my bed kicking her feet in the air.

"Yeah I'm fine with that. I'm just going to get ready. Then we can go?" I look at her as she nods her head and stands up.

"We will have to take your car, and stop at my house so I can grab money. Is that okay?" She asks.

"No I can't let you do that." I say hoping she doesn't know I'm joking.

"What do you mean?" She asks her face full of confusion. Luscious burst out laughing and I start to laugh too.

Then Claire realizes I'm joking and starts to laugh as well.

"Get ready." I tell her as I leave to go to the bathroom to get ready. I quickly get changed and re-curl some of my already wavy hair. I put on light makeup and brush my teeth. When I'm done I shut of the light and walk out into the hall.

Luscious greets me with a giant grin.

"I like being able to walk through walls." He says randomly and looks at me with that stupid grin.

"Yeah? I guess it'd be kinda nice." I say thinking about how convenient it would be to walk through walls.

"You don't get what I'm saying." He laughs.

"What?" I ask, I totally know what he's saying. He's saying he likes to walk through walls.

"I can just walk through any wall, at any time. No matter what people are doing." He says.

"Yeah..." I trail off still confused. Then I think over what he just said.

"Ew!" I say trying to slap him but my hand goes right through his arm.

"Don't worry. I didn't snoop on you as you changed. Like I'd want to do that." He scoffs. The last part kinda hits me, but I shake it off because I know he's just joking. Or at least that is what I want to think.

"Your a pervert." I say quickly before entering my room. Claire is now sitting on my bed, fully dressed with makeup on and everything.

"I just have to brush my teeth, then we can hit the road jack." Claire says grabbing her bag and heading out of the bedroom.

"I'll meet you in the car!" I say grabbing my keys, and purse and jogging down the stairs. I write a quick note for my mom and set it on the counter. She is in her office and I don't want to interrupt her.

Luscious follows me the whole way, even into my car.

"I thought ghost could only travel go places they have been before?" I think out loud. I had noticed that he could go in the school, and house, and pretty much anywhere. But the other ghosts only stayed to certain areas. I always assumed that they couldn't physically go other places. But now that I think of that, it's stupid.

"Well, we can travel anywhere. It's just we have to use a lot of energy to go places. Plus most of us like to stay places that we have a connection to." Luscious explains to me.

I nod listening to what he had to say.

"So you have connections to this place?" I ask him.

"More than you think." He says looking in the review mirror at me.

"Like dying here." I say before I can even think about what I'm saying.

"What?" He now comes up to the front seat.

"Well a connection would be you dying here." I say hoping to god that I didn't jut bring up a horribly touchy topic.

"I'm dead?" He says in disbelief. What? I look at him his face in horror.

"You didn't know that. Wait what?" I ask. Didn't he tell me he was a ghost yesterday, and just a couple minutes ago.

"I know I'm just messing with you." He laughs. Moving back to the backseat because Claire is now entering the car.

"Let's get this party started!" She says loudly as she turns up the radio and I back out of the driveway, heading out to the freeway.

"God she's annoying." Luscious complains, and I laugh at him. Playing it off as of I laughed at Claire.

*****

"I'm going to die if I don't buy this!" Claire squeals as she picks up a teal shirt, with a sparkly blue pocket on it.

"No she isn't. She's going to try it on, think it makes her neck look to big or something and put it back." Luscious says. He had followed us all the way to the mall. He has got to be tired, it must take a lot of energy to do that especially for a ghost. I noticed though, that the lights in the mall constantly seem to be flickering. That's must be how he is getting his energy.

"You didn't have to tag along you know." I tell him.

"And miss a chance at spying on girls as they change? No way!" He says and I give him a disgusted face but he just laughs and changes the subject.

"So how long have you seen ghosts?" He asks. No one is around at the moment so I answer out loud it's a lot easier than talking to him in my head.

"Since I can remember. I remember the first ghost I saw, she was some old lady, she was sweet looking. Until she started screaming, probably trying to get someone's attention. I had tried to get my mom to get her to stop. But of course my mom had no idea what I was talking about." I tell him, remembering being in a grocery store as the old lady ghost screamed at everyone as they walked by.

"Seems like the ghosts around here are nice." Luscious says sarcastically.

I nod "they're the best." I say equally as sarcastic.

"Ew! My eyes look small in this shirt!" Claire yells to me, Luscious rolling his eyes at me, while also giving me a 'I told you so' face.

"I'm sure you look great in it!" I call back to her.

"I think I'll buy it." She saysb opening the changing room door.

"I'm ready to go." Claire says, and I nod, following her to the checkout. After we pay we both agree to go home. It's almost dinner time. We have been shopping the whole day! As I get to my car Luscious calls to me.

"Miranda look." He says looking off in the distance. That's when I see what he's looking at. The same man from my dream. What is he doing here? I didn't even think he was real! I look at Luscious for help.

"Get in and drive." He says, and I do as told.

"You get in too." I whisper to him, and he doesn't disagree as he hastily gets in and I start the car leaving as fast as I can. The man following us on foot. Soon he is on our tail. He grabs the bumper with his hand, or tried to I should say, but his hands go right through it. I hit the gas, hoping to put more distance between my car and the monster behind it.

"Mandy! Your going to get us killed if you go any faster!" She cries.

Yeah? Well if I go any slower we might die too.

Soon the man gives up and stops chasing us.

"What was that all about?"
I ask Luscious in my mind.

"It's a long story."
He responds running a hand through his hair.

"Did he kill you?" The thought just popping into my head. Stupid mind, thinking out loud without me approving the thought.

Luscious looks at me with wide eyes.

"I think you have some explaining to do Miranda." Luscious says eyeing me suspiciously.

Oh shit.

----//---

I'm
Sorry
It's
So
Short
I'm
Working
On
Making
Them
Longer
Thanks
For
Reading
It's
Late
And
I'm
Tired
And
Going
To
Bed.