Chapter 2

After I dropped Claire off, I headed home. Lucius had disappeared half way into the ride. I'm not sure where he went or if he'll even be back, but even with him gone my mind is filled with thoughts of him

What did I just do? I let a ghost talk to me, and I talked back to it. I'm going to become a freak if I keep talking to him! Especially in public. There is the whole, talking with our brain things. But that still is a little weird, can he read my thoughts? What if he can! And I just kept thinking about how hot he was in class! That is so embarrassing!

My thoughts are interrupted when my little brother, and his friend come barging into my room.

"Get out you dick." I say trying to shove them out.

"That's a bad word!" One of them says but I don't know which one because I'm busy trying to shove the door closed.

"Yeah it is, don't repeat it okay?!" I tell them freaking out for a moment. Thinking that they are going to go around the house yelling dick.

"Only if you let us in!" That is defiantly Tristan, my brother.

I open the door. Little blackmailing bastards. Both of the boys have swords in their hands.

"ATTACK!" Tristan yell and they both come running at me. They slash at me with the foam swords pretending to be pirates and saying "argh" for ten minutes before I've had enough.

"Okay, that's enough! Out yah go!" I say pushing them out by their heads.

"Ow! Stop!" The Satan spawns yell at me.

"Nope." I say pushing them out the door.

"They are going to hell when they die." I mutter before shutting the door.

"What's hell?" I hear one of them ask.

"It's a bad word." The other says.

"It's not a bad word! It's a place!" I call through the door before locking it.

"Okay, we're going to hell! See you soon." I hear the smartass of a brother yell before running down the stairs.

"That was interesting." Ohmigod I didn't say that, someone is in my room. I turn around quickly. There Luscious is standing in the middle of my bedroom. He almost looks real, the energy waves must not be strong in my room because he is not swaying, or shimmering, or fading in and out of his form. It's like he is a real person standing in my room.

"The little bastard is crazy." I tell Luscious sitting down on my bed.

"Seems like it." Luscious grins sitting in the stool next to my vanity. I really had no idea what to do in this situation. I didn't know what he wanted. What was I supposed to do? Do I have to help him cross over to heaven or something? Is heaven a real thing? Yeah it has to be, or there would be way more ghost here then there actually are. Not specifically in my room, but on Earth.

"I've never talked to a ghost before." I tell him to break the silence.

"I've never talked to the living before, well I have. Just not in this form." He tells me tilting his head in curiosity.

"Can you see other ghosts?" He asks me.

"Yeah. There aren't many in this town. I've never talked to any of them before. I don't think they know I can see them." I explain running my hand through my long brown hair in nervousness. I don't know why I was nervous, but I was. I was very nervous.

"That's interesting. Why haven't you talked to them?" He questions getting up and walking to my window.

"I didn't have a reason. Plus I don't want to be considered a freak. Speaking to ghost is not a very common thing." I laugh nervously.

"It's more common than you think. That little 'bastard' you were talking to earlier can see them." He says putting finger quotes on the word 'bastard'. Wait he just said Tristan can see ghosts. Why didn't I know that? Well I guess it's not something you really bra about. I'm going to have to ask him about that later.

"Yeah... Anyways why are you here?" I ask him getting up from my bed and grabbing my phone which has started to vibrate.

"I'm bored." He shrugs. I nod picking my phone up. It's Claire. I slide my finger across the screen.

"Hey." I say holding my finger up to silence Luscious.

"So I'm going to be over in like ten minutes, is that okay? Yeah. Okay see you soon!" She says rapidly into the phone. Ten minutes! I look at my clock on my night stand and it says 20 to five. Where has all the time gone?

"Yeah, I didn't ask my mom yet, but Tristan some devil over, so I think were good." I say, pulling my charger out if my phone and walking out if my room in a haste. Luscious following. I roll my eyes at him and he sticks his tongue out at me. I giggle at his gesture and almost fall down the stairs.

"Your really clumsy." He states as I walk into the kitchen.

"Thanks." I say sarcastically.

"Who are you talking to?" Claire asks in my ear. I had totally forgot I was on the phone with her still.

"Tristan." I lie. Looking over at him playing videogames, he must have heard me because he looks back at me. His eyes go wide as he looks at me, then Luscious. Oh yeah, he can see ghosts, or at least that's what Luscious says. I wait to see if he does something, but he doesn't he just looks at me quizzically and then turns his 8 year old self back to his video game.

"Oh I see. Well I'll be over soon. Bye!" Claire says before she hangs up. As I put my phone into my pocket I run into my mom. Like literally run into her.

"Clumsy." Luscious says between coughs but I ignore him.

"Claire's gunna be over soon, that's okay right?" I ask picking up a piece of celery from a bowl of vegetables she has laying out.

"Yeah, I guess." She sighs turning around and walking out if the kitchen into her office. Okay?

"What's with her?" Luscious asks.

"I don't know." I whisper, not wanting to speak to him with people just in the other room. Like I mentioned before I don't want people to think I'm a freak.

"Well your going to have to leave. Claire will be here soon." I tell him, walking into the family room and grabbing my MacBook that I left their.

"No." Luscious pouts.

"Sorry but you have to go."

"She's not even here yet." He whines, and as if on cue, the door opens.

"Ba-bye" I say putting emphasis on the 'ba'.

"Who are you talking to Mandy?" Claire asks me while taking her shoes off.

"I was talking on the phone." I lie. I seem to be lying a lot.

"You don't want to be a freak, that's why your lying." Luscious says.

"Did I not tell you to leave. Go away and stop reading my thoughts
." I say in my mind and look back at him quickly shooting daggers at him with my eyes.

"I'm not reading your mind, your just putting your thoughts out into the open." Now he was in my mind.

"Ohmigod just shut up."

He chuckled and then walked away. Thank god.

"What should we do?" Claire asks as we walk up the stairs to my bedroom.

"I don't know just whatever." I say taking her sleeping bag from her so she wouldn't knock anything over with it.

"We should watch some movies, and you could paint my nails. And then some random stuff that we just decide we want to do." She speaks rapidly like always, trying to say everything on her kind.

I laugh at her excitement and nod setting her sleeping bag down in my floor.

"I thought you need help with college applications?" I ask her with a laugh. She looks at me then face palms herself.

"I do! I do! I just forgot them at home." She says stomping her feet with he hands clenched by her side. She looks like a little led throwing a tantrum. I laugh at her forgetfulness, and stupidness.

"I guess we will just have to hang out another time." I say with a wink.

"I guess so." She winks back at me. "Let's watch a movie!" She says pulling multiple chick flicks from her over night bag and laying them in the floor.

"Which one?" She asks tilting her head.

"You choose." I say getting out a couple blankets from my closet in the corner of the room. I set some on my bed, and some on my black futon that I moved into my room just the other night because we got a new couch in the family room.

"Ohmigod that's so cute! When did you get it?" She asks when she turns around from the DVD players.

"I told you, just last week. It's the one from the family room." I explain to her.

"I didn't know that! I wouldn't have brought my sleeping bag. Why didn't you tell me?" She ask excitedly as she sits down on it then lays back.

"I did tell you." I mutter under my breath. Stuff like this annoys the crap out of me. I tell her stuff and she doesn't even listen, but if I'm not paying attention to her for half a second I'm a horrible friend.

I sigh, she's my best friend though. What am I going to do?

"Okay, let's get this party started! Turn off the lights." She is always so excited. I guess that's why I haven't bitched her out yet. I need excitement in my life.

I turn off the lights then go sit on my bed as the TV shows the title of the movie she picked.

Mean Girls. Of course. This is going to be a long night.

----//----

AN: Short, unproductive chapter I know... I'm sorry. But I'm telling you, it's going to get good. I promise!