Chapter 1

Audrey's POV
It was my third time being late this week. Complex had me running errands like it was life or death. I hate New York City traffic early in the morning. I didn't even have to be in the office today but Melissa wanted me to sit in on a new artist spread. Melissa was my supervisor, she put me on, fought for my ass to be here, so I can't complain. It got me my corner office.
As I walked through complex's music/entertainment floor, Mrs. Robinson me and Melissa's secretary stops me in my rushed tracks.

"Miss Thang, you might want to change your shoes"
"Ugh, thank you Ms. Robinson"
I walk back to my office and picked up my favorite purple pumps.

"Girl, put some lipstick, add a little life to your face" I give her a stale look.

"Mrs. Robinson I'm not even supposed to be here today"

"Something tell me you'll thank me later" she smiled to herself.

I sighed and walked back to my office and took out my nude pink lipstick and applied a layer or two. I looked at my purple notepad and picked it up knowing I'll be needing this. I began walking the long hall to the conference room and I was already 30 minutes late. I reached the door and fixed my blouse and knocked twice before letting myself in.

"Well hello Audrey, everyone this is my ever so late but favorite columnist Audrey McCall. Audrey this is R&B sensation August Alsina and his publicist Coco"

I blushed at her statement of my behind being late. I smiled and extended my hand towards August and Coco. I took a seat and opened my notepad and placed my glasses on face. I watched as this tall, slim figure man removed his jacket and placed in on the seat next to him. He shot me a smile. I would be lying if I said I had listened to him before, I never listened to anything passed his first single. I searched my pockets for a pen and that's when I felt his hand grazed mine with his pen. I mouthed the words "thank you" and he winked at me. Sending chills down my spine, I smiled and began writing down what Melissa sad.

"So as you guys already know August is going to be our new hot artist spread. So I want you, Audrey, to be prepared to do an intimate interview with August. I want to know everything and I do mean everything. Also get ready to attend two of his New York shows"

I blinked twice, "Wait what?"

"I want you on this spread Audrey, you're the best writer I got under my belt" she laughed and gave me the "get with the program" look.

I smiled and nodded.

Ugh! How the hell was I going to be able to pull this off, he looked like a teenage boy, a goddamn good looking one at that, but still. He looked a fuck boy which meant this intimate interview was going to be about girls and money. This was going to be hard trying to stay focus but also not get caught up in the fuckery that comes with dealing with a young artist.

"Miss Stone" Mrs. Robinson interrupted Melissa's speech.

"Yes Mrs. Robinson"

"There is phone call for you and Miss Coco, its Mr. Alsina's manager"

"Ah, yes we'll be right there, listen kids get acquainted you will be spending quite some time with each other."

Melissa smiled at me as she exited the room. I glared at her. I looked at my watch and back to my notepad.
"Got somewhere to be?" his voice broke the silence.

"Oh, no, I'm just a real stickler for time, even though today doesn't seem like it..." my voice trailed off.

"Don't sweat it beautiful, it happens to the best of us"
"So Mr. Alsina, what should I expect from you?"

"First off, don't call me Mr. Alsina I'm way too young to be called Mista" he laughed.

"Okay, Ill call you August" I folded my hands together on top of my notepad.