Chapter 20

August POV

"Hey Mama" I answered my phone.

"Oh now you know how to answer you phone?" My mom spat back to me.

"I'm sorry mom, just a lot going on"

"Yeah I see on tv, you got a little love life going on and no one knew about this" she sounded annoyed.

"I know mom, it wasn't suppose to come out like that"

"When were you going to tell me?" She inquired.

"When I knew for sure"

"So whose Marie and Audrey?"

Marie? She's fucking with me in every way possible.

"Marie ain't no one important Ma"

"She claims to be heavily important to your life"

I sighed.

"Ma, I slept with her a couple time, sorry for being open but that's the truth"

"So whose Audrey? Another sex fling?"

"Shit I'm Trynna get in them draws" I mumbled.

"What you said Auggie?"

"No, she's not a fling, I haven't even gotten there with her, I really like her Ma and I think you will too"

"When will that be?" She was really annoyed with me.

"Soon Ma, when we both have the time"

"Oh boy you work my nerve"

"How so?" I laughed.

"Just out there making public claims and none of your family knows"

"Cha knows" I mean she sorta did.

"Mhmm, will you be home next week"

"Come by for Sunday dinner"

"In there like swimwear"

"Whatever that means, bye baby I love you"

"luh you too ma!"

I laughed as I hung up the phone, I knew she was going to give me the third degree. I sat on the edge of my hotel bed looking through my phone. I hadn't seen Audrey since Wednesday. I know she went back to work this Friday morning. I had a show tonight, my very last one in New York then I was flying out to Atlanta and then Vegas.

I looked at my phone, wondering why she hadn't answer any of my text messages. It was almost 6 pm and I would be swamped with my stylist and Coco in any minute Trynna get me ready.

"Audrey, you know my show is tonight ?" I texted her.

Audrey POV

My phone rang off, I looked at it another text from August. I had been hella busy since I came back. I had a meeting with Complex office. They weren't upset that I was dating a client, they were just trying to say that they could only protect me in this building and only at complex events. Which I knew and at this point who cares. 😤

I scrambled to get out of this office August show was at 9:30 and I had to meet Drew for out last meeting and make it home to change.

I gathered my purse and Vegas folder and headed out.

"Drew, sorry I'm late" I sat the table he was already at.

"Its cool, we should be quick"

"I would like to apologize in person for the whole August phone call thing. He has no chill or filter."