Chapter 14

Omniscient POV

It was Wednesday morning and Audrey had been running late to Complex, but that was nothing new. She walked through the Music department doors and greeted Mrs. Robinson with a smile and grabbed her early morning messages and kept it moving to her office. Audrey sat her purse down and turned on her Mac desktop to get her day started.

The phone began to ring and Audrey innocently picked it up not knowing exactly who it could be. She answered the phone.

"Good Morning, Audrey McCall speaking"

"Audrey?"

The oh so familiar voice answers her back, Audrey's sunny smile turns into a slow frown.

"August"

"Audrey, don't hang up listen to me"

"Stop calling me, I'll call you when you need to come in to finish your spread"

"Audrey, hear me out man, quit playing"

"Quit playing? I'm sorry sir, the only one playing here is you"

"Audrey, I'm sorry, I truly apologize for that misunderstanding the other day"

"The misunderstanding or the missed information?" She inquired.

"I know I should have told you about Marie, but she is not my girl, I promise you that"

"Right, listen Mr. Alsina I have a lot of work that needs to be done so I guess I'll be speaking to your people when I need you to come"

She quickly hung up her phone and sighed out loud in frustration.

Saturday night proved to be everything Audrey had been thinking. What good looking artist walks around claiming to be single, nope they all wanted the same thing. She was fed up with herself even entertaining the thought, that he might have been different. That he really wanted to get to know her. She fancied the idea of him being her possible boyfriend. But those thought went out the window when she heard Marie's voice come over his phone the other night.  She knew that every woman in the industry wanted to know if he was single or taken. She could have outed him and sent that information to TMZ, Media Take Out and The Shade Room, but she knew that would just add more fuel to the fire.

But she shook her head of her thoughts and sat at her desk. She didn't have to deal with that non-sense she had a benefitting career move to prepare for. She would be going to Las Vegas in a few weeks, she had to prepare herself for the tiresome week it would be. Audrey sat at her desk and opened her email, which had been bombarded by emails from August asking for her to write him back, text or call. She began to click down the list and delete little by little.  She could not believe he stooped that low to sending her emails, she laughed a little and began to start her day.

August's POV

I looked at my phone, I was on my way to the airport I had a show in Cleveland. I was feeling so fucking stupid for letting Marie hang with me all week. Shit, for sleeping with her throughout that time as well. I ran my hand down my face, I had to figure out how to make it better, somehow some way. But she wasn't trying to hear all that, and I can't send flowers because that's all Ive been doing since day one. I had to somehow show her I was sorry for not mentioning shit I didn't think needed to be mentioned.

"Yung?"

T called me out of my thoughts.

"Wazzam?"

"We boarding"

I picked up my backpack and looked at my phone one last time.

I guess I'll just have to see about her when I get back to New York.