Chapter 45

Omniscient POV

Audrey and Tamara sat in the back seat of a French cab, they were on their way to the hospital where August was being treated.

T took a day to respond but he was excited to hear that Audrey had heard the news and was willing to come see August. It wasn't the best of situations but he knew something this serious would be the only way to get them back together.

Audrey and Tamara arrived at the hospital and as usual Audrey felt nauseous. This whole situation was making her feel so uncomfortable. She didn't know if she could face the music. They walked over to the elevators and took it to the 6th floor.

They were greeted by T whole embraced Audrey like he hadn't seen her in years. They walked over to the desk and got guest passes.

"Who else is here?" Audrey asked?

"Coco stepped out to get us food, so it's just me and Travis right now."

"How is he doing?"

"Still in a coma, but his brain activity is good"

T smiled and they stopped in front of the door.

"I should tell Travis you're finally here"

Audrey shook her head yes and began to pull her long cardigan over her small but very there baby bump.

Tamara put her arm around Audrey's shoulder as they waited. The door opened and T and Travis walked out. Travis looked at Audrey and smiled.

"Hey there girl" he hugged Audrey.

"How are you? How's Callie?"

"I'm good you know staying prayed up, baby girl is learning to walk" he gleamed.

"Aww that's nice" Audrey smiled.

"The room is all yours ladies" Travis stepped to the side.

Audrey grabbed the handle and turned the knob. She didn't know what to except but she closed her eyes. Audrey stood at the doorway, eyes closed until she heard the door close and felt Tammys hand on her back.

She opened her eyes and watched a lanky August laid out, with tubes in and out his mouth and nose. His arm hooked up to IV and his right leg in a cast and elevated. Audrey grabbed her chest as she let out a loud sigh.

She didn't think she'd be this emotional, this damn pregnancy she blamed. Her tears began to pour. She turned around.

"I can't do this" she told Tammy.

"What? Girl you can't chicken out now, just cause he ain't awake don't mean he can't hear you" she answered Audrey.

Audrey shook her head and turned around. She walked up to his bed side and grabbed his hand. She looked at his hand and the tattoos that adorned it. She missed touching him and holding his hand.

"Hey babe... I don't know if I should call you babe anymore" Audrey rubbed her thumb over his hand.

"I missed you" Audrey's soft voice almost cracks.

Audrey sniffles trying to hold the tears in, she looked away for a minute. She let go of his hand and caressed his face.

"I'm so, so sorry I left without telling you anything."

Tamara stood from the door and watched. But this was too much for her and she decided to wait outside for Audrey.

"I acted on impulse and thought I could do this alone but I can't" Audrey wiped her eyes with her sleeve.