Chapter 60: Part II

Omniscient POV

Audrey's blood pressure had gone down and her heart rate has begone to slowly rise and stabilize.

But now the main concern was April. Audrey had lost a lot of blood, which eliminated her being able to push April out.

The doctor had to prepare Audrey for an emergency cesarean.

August stood by Audrey's bed side and held her hand. He never left her side, he didn't want to miss anything. Audrey was quietly going through her contractions. She was trying to remain strong by the pain was unbearable. They gave her some morphine to try and suppress the pain but it only helped a little.

There goes a natural birth, Audrey thought to herself.

August looked as if he had lost a lot of blood himself. His face was pale and lifeless. His thoughts were racing a mile a minute. He had been scared from the very beginning of their journey to the hospital.

"Baby" Audrey spoke to August.

August sat on the left side of Audrey, as they waited for the operating room to be set up and available.

"Wazzam baybeh?" He weakly smiled at Audrey.

"You need to eat something" she ran her hand over August cheek.

"Nah I'm good babe"

"Please you look crazy" she smirked.

August did look wild, but he knew that he had to be here. He didn't want to leave her side. Anything could happen if he left.

Audrey squeeze his hand as another contraction came through. August's hand was done for after today's events. He brought their intertwined hands up to his lips and kissed Audrey's had.

"I want her out" Audrey spoke through clenched teeth.

August slightly giggled and a nurse entered the room.

"We're ready for you Mrs. Alsina"

August got up and kissed Audrey's forehead, he looked at the nurse and smiled. He was super drained but ready for April's arrival.

The nurse lead August to a room to get him dressed and prepared for the cesarean. As she walked August back to the room, she gave him a heart warming smile and said,

"May God bless your little family"

August POV

I smiled at the nurse kind words and pushed the double doors in front of me. My baby was coming into the world already. I was nervous, excited and scared all in one.

I walked over to Audrey and took a seat near her head. She looked so drained, yet so beautiful. I kissed her forehead.

"You ready baybeh?"

"Mhmm" she closed her eyes and smiled.

The process of numbing Audrey from the waist down was a scary one. Having to hold her up in support as they placed a spinal needle to numb her. As soon as they finished and the meds kicked in, she laid with her eyes closed. I watch as the doctor began with the help of his nurses, they brought their tools closer to Audrey's lower half.

I thought right then and there I was going to pass out. They began the first incision, my eyes widen and the friendly nurse from earlier was talking me and Drey through it. She grabbed my free hand and gave it a squeeze. I looked at Audrey who stared at the ceiling, trying to remain calm. I leaned forward and kissed her temple, she smiled. The doctor spoke a little but mostly concentrated.