Chapter 7

Audrey's POV

I paced my apartment back and forth as my best friend Tammy looked at me and shook her head.

"Could you stop bitch, you are making me nervous"

"I just feel so bad, like I knew I was supposed to take you out for your birthday tonight and I got to be at this concert cause of work"

"Bitch, I don't care, I'm happy I get to go and from what you told me uhm homeboy want you there"

"I know tammy, but still, like I usually have all my shit in order"

"Ohhhh"

"What?"

"This nigga got you so out of your OCD ass routine you don't know how to cope"

"Uhm no, but I usually never forget things"

"Well hoe, dinner tomorrow and August Alsina tonight, shit I hope you go back stage so I can see his fine ass" she smiled.

"I don't know why I told myself to bring you along"

"Listen hoe, I was going to come anyway, I work too damn hard five days a week to miss this opportunity"

Tammy was my best friend since middle school, she was health administrator and had just started working a month ago. We hadn't seen much of each other since our work schedules were all crazy. I promised to take her out for her birthday but I totally forgot tonight was also August first performance. She didn't care she was excited to go see him and meet him. I had told her what had happened over the past couple of days, she was surprised to see how far I had let things go. She was crazy and lived for shit like this especially since she thought I was a prude. She thought I needed to have some fun since I hadn't been in a relationship or a date for about two years.

"Let's go crazy ass"

"No, you crazy for acting like that boy ain't fine, he's super young and so are WE! And I say we because I'm pretty sure a dude or two in his crew is fly enough for me"

"Oh lord, please don't embarrass me"

I had begun to place my jacket on and my phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I asked not recognizing the number.

"Hello is this Audrey?"
"Yes it is"

"This is T, August sent me to pick you up so you wouldn't be late"

I laughed a little.

"Oh okay, when should I expect you?"

"I'm already downstairs"

"Okay I was just on my way out" I hung up the phone.

"Tammy, he sent me a car"

"Bitch! So what we waiting for?"

"I can't with you!"

Me and tammy headed out and ended up getting into a blacked out Mercedes truck.

We made it to Irving Plaza in half an hour and walked passed everyone, even though I had passes for the show it didn't matter, T was his body guard and they knew it. Tammy held on to my arm, she was beginning to get nervous, as was I.

"Girl, I think I'm going to scream when I see him"

"Please don't"

"He's just too damn fine and now I know how soft his lips really are, ohhhh girl. I cant stand you!" she yelled at me.

"I cant tell you shit" I whispered.

"What can't you tell her?" we both turned around surprised by August's presence.