Chapter 22 Cont...

Omniscient POV

August grinned at Audrey, he was mentally preparing himself to ask all the questions he has wanted to ask her all this time. He was going to take full advantage of this opportunity to learn who she was and what she liked. He brought his body up a little in the tub, he was little hazy from the little smoke session he had but he wanted to give her his undivided attention.

"So, where are you from?" he asked.

He knew it was a weak first question but he really didn't know much about her and he hadn't taken the time to stalk her life on Facebook.

"I'm from New York City ... Brooklyn to be exact, born and raised" She smiled.

"Bedstuy do or die?" he laughed

"Yes fool" she smiled.

"Okay, what do you do when you're not touring?" she asked.

"Hmm... if I'm not sleeping, I'm usually still working, he grind doesn't stop" he paused.

"But I do catch up with my nieces, you know the family and shit" he added.

"That's nice, your nieces are really pretty"

"Oh so yo stalking me now?"

"I've seen pictures of them on your social media"

"Mhmmm" he said like he didn't believe her.

"Anyway, you a smart broad, so where yo went to school and what you studied?"

"I'm a smart broad?" she laughed.

"Well, I went to school in New York, NYU"

"That explains that coffee mug you like so much" he teased.

"Be quiet, don't be hating on my school gear" she joked.

"Thought you liked it cause it purple"

"I do, but those are my school colors as well"

"Okay okay"

"Anyway, I studied journalism" she continued.

"That makes a lot of sense"

"Yeah, hello August" she teased

"Look dont be getting smart with me" he splashed water at her.

"Hey!" she was caught off guard.

"Did you go to school?"

"Does it look like I did?" he question her back.

"Oooop!, start rubbing my feet, you were suppose to answer the question not answer with a question" she spat at him.

"Mhmm, whatever, pass me your foot" he begins to rub her left foot.

"Answer the question though babe" she tries to butter him up.

"No, I didn't.. Clearly I didn't" he says a little annoyed.

"High School?"

"Audrey"

"August?"

"Okay look I feel uncomfortable as fuck now realizing that you are light years ahead of me"

She furrows her brows, not really understanding what he is trying to say.

"You asked me what school I went to, and what I studied.. I simply threw the question back, does it really look I give a fuck about what I studied versus what you didn't"

He continued to work on her foot, but she slowly slid her foot out his grasp.

"Look at me" she spoke.