3. Escape

I woke up feeling the covers of my bed getting dragged off as the cold shivers went down my neck.

“Get the fuck up”, someone growled. I turned and shifted my position in the bed mumbling something I didn’t quite catch myself.  This wasn’t my bed… I opened my eyes slowly as I suddenly was pulled by my hair, dropped at the ground. I started screaming, panicking.

“Get fixed. Put on a smile because Rachel will be here soon”, the voice said again and I remembered where I was. I was in hell with Jason, the bipolar boy. I groaned as touching my hair where Jason pulled it. It really hurts getting pulled by your hair. Especially when Jason uses all his powers just to pull me by my hair out of the warm bed that wasn’t so warm anymore and he was such a pain. I got up from the floor as I rubbed my eyes. I opened the closet just pulling something out as taking my pyjama off and replacing it with casual clothes.

I walked down the stairs as seeing James walking smirking to me. I awkwardly ignored him. Well I tried. I tripped in the stairs as James was nearly panicking since I fell. I closed my eyes, ready to hit the floor, but it never happened.

“Are you okay”, a dark voice asked. I breathed heavily before opening my eyes and seeing James face right in front of my eyes.

“Err, I’m really good, I just wanted to give the floor a hug”, I said giving a fake smile. Giving the floor a hug? What the hell Jess? He let go of my body as I stood on my own feet smiling to him awkwardly.

“What?”. He looked at me like I was insane, but truly I guess people should actually go around calling me insane.

“You know, err floors get really lonely sometimes and then they probably want a hug. It isn’t much to ask for”, I started. James stared at me like I was some kind of idiot. “You see floors get lonely if no one walks there on a long time after the night and floors really shou—“.

“Just shut it Jessica. Just thank me for catching you”, James said proudly and the same time annoyed with my talking.

“Yeah, right… Thanks”, I mumbled before leaving James alone with me walking to the kitchen without tripping. That was awkward.

When I came to the kitchen the first thing I saw was some pancakes and no one was around. I hurried up taking a pancake and ate the whole thing quickly. I think it was for Rachel and Jason, but I couldn’t care less about it. I took an apple in my hand and was about to walk out of the kitchen when I heard an annoying laughter coming towards the kitchen. I quickly panicked and opened the fridge to try to hide behind it. Well, not a quite good idea.

The steps came in the kitchen and stopped while some other person sat down on the chair.

“Yuuuum, pancakes just for me”, a girl voice giggled.

“Yeah, I made them”, I heard Jason’s deep voice saying. Suddenly Jason came on the side of the fridge door leaning on the side, smirking at me. I quickly pretended to look for something as I found a egg inside.

“I found it”, I whispered to him and he laughed lightly.

“You really believe I think you looked for an egg”, he asked me as the girl stopped giggling.

“Well, err, yes because I was just making breakfast to myself”, I said trying to be convincing.

“Jess, you took a pancake”.

“Err, no. Well you see I was really hungry and I just grabbed one since that was the first thing I saw. Please don’t kill me or rape me, or attach a bomb to me. I really don’t want to die at the age of eighteen and my mom would be in tears. Well she’s in tears now, but it’s worse that I’m dead, than kidnapped, right? Yeah, I think so, but since you kidnapped me I should actually be allowed to eat what I want since you don’t want me to be all out of energy when you give me away, and the monster can just keep me with company watching a monster movie”, I rambled on. Jason just stared at me and his girlfriend, Rachel who had turned up beside him.