*Part 8*

~Jazmyne's P.O.V~

"Wait...wait I must be going crazy because it just sounded like you said you were my father"

"Sweetheart... it's true Jhazyme is your father"

"No...no that couldn't be true because my father is a man who rather then owning up to his responsibilities chose to run away like the coward he is"

"Jazmyne it wasn't all that simple he wanted to be in your life but...."

"But what mom!!!!! Are you seriously defending him!!!!"

"Jazz don't raise your voice at your mother"

"Jazz??... My name is Jazmyne to you and you don't get to tell me what to do, you lost that right 20 years ago"

"Look if you could just let me explain...."

By now I couldn't hold back the tears anymore and let it all out.

"Explain what!!!....look when I needed you, you weren't there and I sure as hell don't need you how do leave me the hell alone"

With that said I went and got a sleeping Zek and headed on my way out. I started to head home but decided I needed to vent to someone and before I knew it I was at Ezrah's house.

~Ezrah's P.O.V~

I didn't have work today so I decided to catch up on some sleep since I haven't been doing a lot of that lately. I just woke up from a 2 hour nap and was on my way to take a shower until my phone rang and I saw Jazz calling. For some reason I got a huge smile on my face when I saw she was calling me but it soon disappeared when I heard sobs on the on the other line

"Jazz are you there...whats wrong?"

"I....i..im..."

"Jazmyne can you tell me what's wrong please, your scaring me?"

"I'm...outside"

"Ok I'll be right down"

For the short time that I've known Jazmyne I have never seen her this broken down before and to be honest it's scaring me. I raced down the flight of stairs and opened the door to see Jazmyne crying her heart out while holding a sleeping Zek. I took Zek from her and brought him upstairs to one of the guest bedrooms.

When I went back downstairs to talk to Jazz she just walked to me and hugged me for dear life while sobbing into my chest. I picked her up bridal style and brought her to the couch where we payed with her on top of me listening to my heart beat.

"Look babe whatever it is I'm here for you ok and I know that you might not want to talk about it right now but can you just tell me something because your scaring me"

I waited for a few minutes but she still stayed quiet. I decided not to rush her and let her tell me when she's ready. After 3 more minutes she fun sly spoke

"I...i..."

"It's ok, you can tell me when your ready"

"I...met my dad today"

When she said those words I understood the paint heat she was feeling. Me and Jazz have been doing a lot of talking these past few weeks getting to know each other more, and in these talks she told me about how she's never met her father and the toll it took on her as a child. She began hanging with the wrong crowd at school and looking for love in all the wrong places, hence how she ended up with Nathaniel. I know that she will talk to me more whe she's ready so I decided to just drop the subject.

After a few more minutes of me just soothing her she spoke up

"Are you asleep?"

"Nah I'm wide awake, what's up?"

"Can you sing to me...please"

Ever since I told Jazz that I could sing she would ask me to do it any chance she got and usually I would complain, but right now is not the time.

"Sure baby girl, what song?"

"It doesn't matter I just need to get my mind off of this"

I decided to sing one of her favorite love songs which was differences by Ginuwine. Before I could even get to the second verse I herd light snores indicating that she had fallen asleep. I took her up to my bedroom and placed her in bed. After kissing her for head I was getting ready to go sleep in the second guest room till I heard her angelic voice once more

"Where you going"

"I was gonna sleep in the guest bedroom"

"Can you stay and lay with me...please"

"Uh yeah sure"

As soon as I got in bed Jazz quickly snuggled up next to me with her head on my chest. She was holding on to my shirt so tightly, it was as if if she didn't I would disappear. I started rubbing her back in a circle like motion until her grip on my shirt loosened and I herd soft snores. I kissed her forehead and let sleep take over.

* Jazmyne's dad and the song Ezrah was singing in the mm*

**vote and comment letting me know what you guys think**
-----Rissa