*Part 34*

~Jazmyne P.O.V~

I never expected Ezrah to ask me to adopt Ezekiel, so when he did it caught me off guard. I know a lot of you are thinking that him adopting Ezekiel isn't a big deal because he's already his father figure, but Its just hard for me. Its been just Zeke and I for the past 3 years, yes I've dated some people here and there but they never took to Zeke as Ezrah did. A lot of them would run as soon as they found out I had a kid. When I meant Ezrah, I guess I kinda expected the same thing to happen but he stayed and took on the responsibility of another man and I think that's what scared me the most. I guess I'm just scared that one day he's gonna wake up and realize that this isn't the life he wants.

After our argument, I didn't expect him to just leave like that. We've had our share of arguments before and when he's mad he usually just goes in the guest room to cool off so when he left I knew it was serious. I could tell that what I said to him really hurt him, but those weren't my intentions at all. After he left I knew that he just needed some time to cool off so I didn't try to get in contact with him. After 2 hours I began to get worried and I started texting and calling him but he never answered. 2 hours turned to 4 and that's when different thoughts started going through my mind. Before I could get too deep in my thoughts I heard Zeke calling my name from upstairs.

"Mommy Mommy!!"

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could following his voice thinking that something was wrong and he might've been hurt, but when I got to Naveahs room they both looked fine. He was kneeling in front of her crib and they were holding hands. Seeing them like that made my heart melt

"Zeke, what's the matter why were you yelling?"

"I think NaNa is hungry"

NaNa was the nickname that Zeke came up with because he couldn't fully pronounce Naveah's name. He also made it crystal clear that he is the ONLY one allowed to call her that and if anyone else does they will be in big trouble

"Ok do you wanna help me make her bottle?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Do you wanna eat something before going to bed?"

"Ummmmm can I have cereal please?"

"Cereal it is"

After getting both kids fed and giving them baths, they were both tucked in and fast asleep. Before Zeke fell asleep he asked me where his daddy was and it broke my heart. After I quickly got myself together, I told him that Ezrah had to work late but I promised him that he would be here in the morning. I hope I can keep my promise.

After making sure the house was all set I turned off all the lights in the house except for the living room, which is where I would be staying waiting for Ezrah to come home. I hadn't realized that sleep took over me till I heard a noise near the stairs causing me to jump out of my sleep

"Ezrah?"

"Yeah"

I looked at the time "Where have you been? I've been calling and texting you since you left"

"Yeah I know, I just needed some time to calm down and clear my head"

"Ezrah...Baby, I'm sorry I..."

I started to walk towards him, but he put his hands up before I could walk any closer

"Look...I don't have the energy for this tonight..you said what you said so let's just leave it at that"

"But i.."

"I just wanna go to sleep Jazmyne"

And with that, he was on his way upstairs. I stood at the bottom of the stairs frozen in place for I don't know how long. Feeling tears falling down my face put me out of my trance. I stayed downstairs until I stopped crying and got myself together. When I got to our bedroom Ezrah was already in bed sleeping. I quietly changed and got into bed.