Nine

Date her? Would she accept me? What if she rejects me? Does she even like me in the first place? Over thinking is one of my daily routine.

Krystal POV

Sica unnie is really annoying. Amber is resting her head on my shoulder, playing with my fingers. She look so comfortable.

"Don't sleep here okay. I can't carry you," I said when I saw her yawn.

"Let's go sleep then," she pull my arm and push me towards the stairs. I could see Sica unnie and Yuri were staring at us as Amber push me.

"Yah Amber! I only let you date her, not anything more!" Sica shouted causing me and Amber to stop walking. We both glare at Sica unnie, Yuri at the side was holding her laughter. Sica unnie giggles and hide behind Yuri.

Amber continued pushing me up the stairs. "Aishh, you too slow--" Amber suddenly carried me in a bridal way and rush into my bedroom. She threw me on the bed gently and close the door.

"Why are you in a hurry?" I said as she crawl on the bed.

"Sleep, I'm tired." she wrapped her hand around my waist and she rest her head on my chest. I was shocked by her action.

"Goodnight Soojung-ah,"

"Goodnight Amber," I kiss her forehead. And not knowingly drifting to sleep real fast.

***

"Amber?" I slowly open my eyes, beside me was empty. I groan as I stretch my body. I slowly get up and went to the bathroom. Amber isn't here either. Maybe she's downstairs making breakfast.

I pull my hair into a ponytail and went down the stairs. As I was walking down I saw Jessica on the couch with her hands folded, she look so worried.

"Unnie, why?" I sat beside her, I look into her eyes with a concern face. She turn to me and sigh.

"Amber." She whispered. My eyebrows raised.

"What's wrong with Amber, unnie?" She look down, her silence only made me more curious.

"Unnie!"

"I don't know where she went, since 4 in the morning." I turn to look at the wall clock, it's 11 in the morning.

"Yuri is out to find her at her usual clubs and places. She will be back soon." Sica unnie put her arm around me. I was left silent. Where could she be? I really hope Yuri can find her somewhere. I lean my back on the couch and close my eyes.

***

The door open, revealing Yuri unnie. I look behind her, there's no one. I look at Yuri unnie, she sigh and look down.

"Sorry, I can't find her." Yuri scratch the back of her neck.

"It's okay babe, you can go rest. You've out since 7." Sica unnie sigh. Since 7? That was long. Yuri unnie came nearer to me. She sat beside me and put her hand on my lap.

"I have search at her usual places, home, the clubs she use to go. She just isn't there. I called her, she didn't want to answer. I'm so sorry. You try to text her or something." She tap my lap once more and went up with Sica unnie.

I threw my body on the couch. Where is she? I took out my phone from my pocket.

To Amber,

Amber.. Where are you?

*A month later*

Amber POV

"Amber? Yah! Amber!" Yuri shouted as soon as she walk into my house, she look around at the cigarette boxes laying down on the floor and soju bottles on the table.

"What happened to you?" Yuri sat beside me on the couch ruffling my messy hair. I sighed, feeling pressure. She look at my swell eyes,"Am, what happened?" She ask softly.

"Omma." I whispered. I could already feel tears rolling behind my eyeball. I glance over at the table there's soju bottles, I quickly grab the bottle and drank a few gulp. Yul was too late to stop me.

"Stop it Am! Tell me what happened to your omma," she snatch the bottle and put it far away from me. Think of it can make it cry a river.

"She's gone." I said, didn't even realise I am already crying.

"Gone?" She didn't understand.

"Yes Yul, gone.. Forever.. " I cried harder.

"WHAT? HOW?" She yelled.

"Accident. That night she fought with my father, she drive off to somewhere and got into an accident." I clench my fist when I knew my mom died because of my dad.

"So sorry Amber, so you went to LA?" She asked with a concerned face.

"Yes, I can't stay there long. I planned to stay longer but I can't look at his face, I feel like killing him." I clench my teeth. Yuri push my lightly at what I've said, "Yah, it's your dad. How can you say that?"

"How can he do that to my mother?" I raise my voice and immediately regret it. "Sorry." Yuri nod and pat my back, still sobbing.

***

"How is she?" I look up at Yuri.

"Pabo, she is hella worried about you. She keeps on texting and calling you all day." I smile weakly at what Yuri said. I've missed her too.

"How did you know I'm home?" I purposely change the topic.

"I saw your favorite shoe outside your house." I can't help but smile, she know so much about me. "Amber stop crying already, your eyes are swollen." She punch my arm lightly.

"Yeah I should stop I've been crying non stop since my mom funeral..." I lift my shirt up and wipe my tears. "Let's clean up and go out. I bet my whole life you haven't go out of your house for days." She started picking up my cigarette boxes, I heavily drag my leg and throw the bottle outside in the rubbish bin.

"Go bath, I'll clean up everything." She push me towards the bathroom.

*After bath*

I put on a black jeans, pullover and a jacket and my snapback because I was too lazy to style my hair. I walk out my room and saw Yuri sitting on the couch watching the television, the living room was neat and clean. What a great friend I have.

"You are the best Yul." I show my thumb at her as I look around my living room.

"Where do you want to go?" Yuri asked while I walk into the living room.

"Can we stop by at a handphone shop? I broke my own phone." I giggle to myself as I talk to Yuri.

"Sure. Amber.. Are you ready to meet Krystal?" Yuri softened her voice. What a question.

"I'm not sure either, but I miss her so much. I want to meet her, but some parts of my body tell me not yet." I shrugged. If we meet, she will probably scold me. And I'm not sure if Im ready for that. I want to meet her, tell her that I'm sorry. But I'm scared I can't handle the pressure. I miss her so much.