37. Decision

Chapter Thirty-Seven

Decision

I went to see my Dad. The whole family is eating breakfast together and I sit next to them in my wheelchair. It's my home, but it feels like I don't belong here anymore. Everyone's in such good mood and I find it hard to match their happy spirits.

"I can't believe I was so against moving here!" Jill chatters. "The beach is wonderful and the sun only bothered me in the beginning." She's got a nice tan and a ton new and better friends than before. My little sister is growing up. She's dating a guy named Logan and they go to the same art-club after school.

"Are you alright?" Mom asks me after breakfast and I nod. She's so happy to have me here. "We don't see you that often. I wish you'd let me in."

"I'm sorry. I don't want to bore you with all the details."

"Awfully boring," she jokes and get that worried look in her eyes that I hate.

"I have starved, been beaten senseless so I ended up with broken bones, been in wild tribe fights, killed people and became a Goddess. I'm not sure how I can explain what I've been through without shocking you."

"Oh my poor baby." Her eyes gets teary.

"Don't pity me."

"You could just leave it. Walk out, that's what your Dad did and no one would blame you for it."

"It's not that simple, Mom. I changed." I play with my necklace and watch as it glisters in the sunlight. It's beautiful, but more than just a jewellery. "Actually, I know where my home is now. I've just not created it yet and that leaves me restless. I don't have patience, but should learn to keep it if I'm to live forever."

"What's troubling you?"

"I want a real adventure. I had so many and my life is finally safe. I just miss the thrill. I've become bored. Paxia is a boring world. I will move on to see the other worlds. I'm not sure if I should go back. Earth affects me personality. It's a small Eden in a baby universe. I'd rather stay here and make the best of this instead of cleaning up another mess that I didn't cause in the other universe."

"This is your home, Meryl. Of course you want to be here." Mom ruffles my hair. "Will you be okay? I need to go to work now."

"I'll be fine. I promise to visit more often."

"Every Sunday for family dinner?"

"Sure," I promise her though I don't want to give her any false hope. "I will try to be here. That's a small part of a normal life to fight for." I joke.

I wave her off as she leaves the house. A normal life doesn't sound so bad. I look down at my feet and grimace. I will never be normal, so why even try? I can feel Mom's mood before she feels it herself. It's getting so strong now. I can't tune it out completely. I was talking about a baby world, but what I meant was that maybe it's enough for a baby Goddess like myself.

Mom's idea isn't so bad. I can just leave Paxia. That's what Dad did. Now he's running another universe, living amongst them while no one knows who he is. My allies can continue the boring work of Paxia while I do what I find fun.

My story had a start. But it doesn't have a stop. I will keep evolving from now on. The story will just go on from here on. I don't care about The Laws of Paxia anymore. They are just the first step for my allies to fix. Then we'll move from world to world and save the rest, but in the shadows instead. I don't want to deal with politics ever again.

Tim-Tim tug at my arm with a huge grin. "Will you take me to school instead of Dad?"

The question makes me happy. I give him a hug and feel a lump in my throat because my little brother has gotten so big.

"Of course I'll take you to school. There's nothing I'd want more."

So I took Tim-Tim to school, waving him off at the schoolyard. Some people stared at me for being in a wheelchair, but it doesn't bother me. How could it ever have bothered me? This is who I've become now. I like who I am. Stares is nothing compared to being eaten, chased and beaten. I've learned that my worth is still the same as before the accident. I found love and self-value in a bizarre situation where I couldn't offer anything. I found lifelong friends on my journey and there is nothing I regret.

I was a girl becoming a woman, but only the future knows what finally will become of me.

The End

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!  I have written on this story for a few years now and I have had trouble with it alot along the way. Today I finally realised that I never will finish this story. Meryl can go on forever and travel through the worlds and I need to go back to the beginning and start editing all mistakes. Don't expect me to continue the story, but we'll see how I feel when editing is all over. Thanks for reading this far!!! Hugs Malin