28. Blinding Madness

Chapter Twenty-Eight

  Blinding madness.

 The awkward girl pounces on me and I’m about to die. I lost my breath from the fall and I’m hurting everywhere. I look up through the broken ceiling and notice in a haze that Marc is calling from me but I can’t hear what through Vita’s annoying chattering.    

  My vision turns all blurry and the next thing I know is that I’m being slapped.

  “Hey, stay awake!” Vita frowns accusingly at me. “You could have a concussion.” She points up the roof. “If he trustable for me to show myself?”

  I find it easier to breathe now and stagger out a ragged yes. I close my eyes, not knowing what happens next because my ears are ringing. I can’t move and it feels like I broke every bone inside my body. I guess it is a good thing that we are in Florem.

  I can’t do this. I push myself out of my body and suddenly everything is calm and serene all around me. The only difference this time is that I don’t feel the intelligent knowingness wash over me. I was already carrying it. I learned how to project it to full time. I wish there was a guide for imprinting. I am not insecure while being a shadow, so I must learn to trust my instincts more.

  I see Marc and Vita work on my body. He seems to understand that this is my friend I’ve been looking for. Vita turns around and gives me a smile and thumbs up. Yeah definitely Shadow-skills. At least she’s not blinding me with her light. Dad and I never glowed because we never met a Shadow before, but we inherited the skill. There’s a slight glow to my skin. I didn’t notice it at first, but now I can see it.

  I take a look around the cave and realize that’s it’s not exactly a cave. The ceiling is fragile and broken at places and daylight shines through the holes. Dirt and greenery is covering the stone paved floor and statues are placed around the large room. Pillars are holding up the roof, but some of them are shattered. Whoever was responsible for this place has been gone for a long time.

  Maybe Vita or Marc knows what this place is? Vita must have found this and stayed here for a reason. My intellect has nothing to tell me about this.

  “We need to carry her to the river.” Marc’s voice seeps through my deep thinking. “Is there an easier way to carry her other than through the roof?”

  Of course there is. Before Vita gets to say anything I have already projected myself over there, twisted the Tarih-necklace and lifted us all from the ground. We’re soon standing safely on the ground of the trail. Vita watches me with astonishment but Marc is freaking out.

  “What was that!” he screams all shaken up.

  “Meryl’s playing with us,” Vita tells him proudly. “It’s her godly powers.”

  “It’s just Tarih.” I roll my eyes at her. “Is my injury that bad?”

  “Marc thinks you hurt your back in the fall.”

  “Great, I’m just glad I’m not there when he dips my body into the river. The water hurts like hell.”

  Marc lifts up my bruised body carefully and carries me down to the stream limping. He walks into the water in a small bay so the stream won’t carry us away. He then sinks me underwater and keeps me there to let the water works its magic on me.

  “Did he jump down from the ground to get down to me?” I ask Vita concerned.

  “Yes. Is he your ally now?” She looks at me with her intense stare and I nod. “Good, then we finally can get some work done. I located the temple for you so that saves us a lot of time. Did you copy his DNA yet?”