14. Let's go get them

Chapter Fourteen

Let’s go get them

  “So the plan,” Lex starts informing us,” is to let the smallest group notice us and then lead them to the closest tribe. We might not succeed that far so be ready for close combat. You can do this Meryl.”

  He gives me a confident grin and I can feel my heart jumping in my chest. I nod back with a smirk. “Let’s go get them.”

  All that training with Lex must pay off and I’m longing to punch someone. My whole body is ready and Tarih starts singing a different song for me that doesn‘t make much sense. I’ve gotten quite used to their singing voices so it doesn’t bother me much anymore. The creepiness has somewhat faded.

  Will we will. Will we will. Will we will.

  Then the words changes when the group of people gets in our sight, just about twenty meters away and I can hear May scream when she sees them. I fight against the reflex to turn my head around with a disapproving frown; I don’t want to take my eyes off our enemies.

  Kill we will. Kill we will. Kill we will.

  I realize that this is it. Tarih never acted this way before and I understand that this is my moment to strike. A strength I never knew I had wakes up inside of me, consumes me and demands to be released. I focus on the tribe closing in on us and the ground starts shaking when I finally release my power. I can feel it sparkle through the Tarih and I’m overwhelmed by a satisfied feeling. This must be the coolest thing I ever did.

  The other tribe falls to the ground when they lose control over the gravity and are being pushed into different directions, just like I was when I first landed in Paxia. Their weapons, a spear and a few knives falls to the ground and a man tries to pick it up without results since I had locked it onto the ground with my inferior power.

  No limits, Paxia Three.

  It all happened within a few seconds. Lex, Speak and I are running into them with our spears, May is standing frozen behind us. I don’t care, she doesn’t have to join the battle. She’ll just be in the way.

  I see the bird on their arms, and I strike my spear through my first victim before he has the chance to recover from the push I sent with my mind. I quickly withdraw the spear so a pool of blood starts squirting from the man I just killed. One of the Flying Birds gets his senses together and grabs my spear so hard that I lose the grip on it. I hunch down when he charges at me and Tarih takes control over my body.

  I’m not afraid, Tarih is the best weapon I got and it would never hurt me. I let it maneuver me with that in mind. It’s the safest way to survive this situation since my fighting skills are pretty much none.

  Strikes a bird, kills a bird. It’s time to let go. Let go.

  Tarih pushes me out of my body into Speaks direction. He’s fighting the most dangerous opponent and the time slows down so I’m seeing everything in slow motion. I get a rough overlook on our situation from here.

  May is still frozen, gazing with empty eyes into nothing. Her hair hangs dirty down her shoulders but she had tried her best to make it look good. Her black tights are dirty and her oversized yellow shirt is pinned around her hips with a black belt.

  She will die. Next.

  It doesn’t sound like Tarih, it’s more like someone has taken control of it and is guiding me through the battle. Whoever it is, I’m thankful for it.