11- encyclopedia mode

"Ugh I hate this boot I can't move my foot. How I'm I suppose to enjoy the music if I can't tap along to it. To make it worse its feels like its getting tighter or something." 10 minutes in Justin started to complain and mess with the boot. I kept my eyes on the road but I can her him moving around in his seat. I was hearing buckling, snapping and Velcro ripping.

"I'm pretty sure that is the point of the boot. It immobilizes you ankle to prevent any further harm to any nerves, ligaments, tendons, and or muscles that might be damaged. It's there to prevent any kind of unnecessary movement to help it heal properly. Plus it prevents pain, no movements means no strain which in turn causes no pain.

As for it getting tighter, it might be the fact that your ankle is getting more swollen because you did not elevate it or ice it. That and you played on it after you injured it. You might have agitated it even more causing the inflammation response to be stronger than usual. If you would of wrapped it, iced it, and elevated it right after the slide tackle it would of not gotten soo swollen. The physical trainer should of pulled out of the game. Oh by the way, what was his diagnoses anyway?" I said that all without taking my eyes off the toad. We came to a red light just as I finished asking him.

I looked over to see him with his mouth wide open. He just stated back completely shocked.

Five minuets. I only had five more minuets till we got to his house. I knew I had to do something to make a foul of myself. I couldn't last five more minutes.

Let me explain what just happened. I sometimes burst out into random "nerd talk". My little brother likes to call it "encyclopedia mode". I have no control over it. My brain goes on auto drive and blurts out these random facts. I have no clue why I know such random facts and how I manage to remember so many of them. Like why would I remember that a polar bear fur is not white it's actually transparent, or that if you drink pure 100% water H2O that ONLY has hydrogen and oxygen you will die because it will chemically react to remove vitamins and mineral from your body.

I blame the Internet I used to follow these account on twitter and Instagram that post weird and random facts. I also used to watch to many "educational" shows. As for most medical terms and facts I blame AP biology, AP chemistry, and honors anatomy. Not going to lie, but House and Grace's anatomy have a big influence in that as well.

"The physical trainer said it was a dislocated ankle. He put it back in its place but not before giving me the same lecture of putting my body at risk for further injury. I knew I should of stopped playing but I just couldn't. It was the first game of the season I couldn't let my team down. I'm going to visit Hope's mom tomorrow for a follow up. She is the best sports medicine doctor I know. Good thing she knows me so well and is willing to take me in with no appointment." He answered like what I had just told him was nothing. Now it was my time to stare back shocked.

"W-wait. You understood all of that. Most people get half of what I say when I go encyclopedia mode. Most of the time I have to repeat myself or explain." I was so shocked that I didn't notice the light turned green until Hope honked her horn from behind me. I had totally forgotten that she was following us.

My cheeks flared red before I looked away from him and turn my attention back to the road.

"Yeah I understood completely. Trust me this is not my first walk down the park when it comes to sports injuries and medical lingo. I had countless sprain ankles and a handful a dislocations. Luckily I have not broken any bones. Since I started to play when I was 5 I learned the meaning of a sprained ankle real quickly. That and I took AP Biology and honors anatomy so I know a few extra things. Plus it doesn't hurt having a doctor as a grandmom. Encyclopedia mode. I like that, I might make that your new nickname " He said the last part as a joke but I knew better. He will never let that name die.

I was even more shocked to hear that he was in AP and honor classes. I had no clue he was smart. I had him for a few classes but never for my of my AP or honors classes. He must had taken them during a different period as me.

"Please don't call me that. I get enough of it from my little brother. I rather have you call me grease monkey than that." I was truly hoping he was joking when he said he would call me that. My brother bugs me with it already I don't need someone else.

"But it's cool. I take pride of being a nerd and knowing things that others don't. I thinks a person with brains is sexy. Oh!! Make a left." Did he just call himself a nerd. Wait did he just call me sexy. Now it was my turn to laugh.

"Haha please you are the complete opposite of a nerd. You are the definition of a jock. You're popular, you social, you party, you're everything opposite of a nerd." I made the turn that is when we I noticed we where entering one of the nice side of town.

Our town is famous for its geography and beauty. Most if not all of the families are very economical stable. The wealth of is seen throughout the small town, but their is a sight difference in the north and south side of town. The north and the south are the "supper" nice side. You can say that it's where the "rich" people live. Most of the residence that lives here are well know and have well paying jobs.

Justin just happens to live in the south side. Rose and Birdy also live in this side of town, while Hope and I like in the north side of town. Both the north and the south side are equally beautiful and have huge lavish houses, but their will always be the friendly rivalry between the north an the south.

"I call someone that has taken 9 AP and honors classes a nerd. I may seem like a jock on the outside but deep down I'm a undercover nerd." He stated that like it was no big deal. Nine 9 AP and honors classes that was the same amount of AP and Honors classes I've taken. It takes a true nerd to get away with taken so hard classes.

"Impressive. I should of not judge then. You have taken the same amount of AP and honors classes as me. If I count as a nerd then I guess you count as one as well. But I do have to say that you being a jock lowers you capacity to be a full on nerd. I say you are 60% jock and 40% nerd" he just laughed as he continued to mess with his boot.

I don't know why but talking and joking with him become so easy. I would of never in a million years think I would be talking to Justin openly and freely.

I think I only had a conversation with him twice. Once for a school project and the other was to ask about Hope, Rose, or Birdy can't remember who. Both times it was a quick and get to the point conversations, never a "friendly" conversations.

Now I'm here in his car of all places talking like I've known him for ages. I don't know if its me or him. He seems more approachable since I first meet him. Maybe I have grown more confident over the years. Or maybe I have some Dr. Pepper and skittle
residue in my system.

Nether the less for the most part, the past 13 minuets went by smoothly. There was a few bumps here and there but nothing terrible. It's normal I guess you can say, we never "talked" before; there is bound to be some awkward moments. Not fully sure of we will ever be able to talk like this ever again after this trip, bit I'm happy it happened. I was surprises many times and was able to learn more about him and drop some huge stereotypes about him.

There is about 2 minuets left of this journey might as well enjoys the thrill of driving such a powerful car while listing to some alternative music. The rumble of the Shelby Cobra was mixed with the sound of Come as You will.