45- Your're Not So Bad, Nerd

"Ugh brain freeze." I laughed as I saw Justin suffer thorough the pain.

"That's what you get.I told you could have SOME of my ice cream not all of it. You're lucky I'm full and didn't want more. So I'm not going to fight you, today that is. " I teased him.

"Wow Jasmine why so violent. And all because of some ice cream you didn't plan on eating." he faked being offended.

"Well Justin I will let you know that I'm very protective of my ice cream. But like I said  I'll let it slide this one time." I sat back and gave him my best glare.

"You look cute when you try to act tough." He teased.

"Don't mess with her Justin, she may look innocent but she can kick your butt. She does have a purple belt in karate and does boxing. She will put you in your place." Auntie Sophia interrupted. "And here is the check for you guys." Justin quickly grabbed it.

"I'm actually a red belt now but who's keeping track. But Justin was about to find that out since he eat some of my ice cream." I informed her.

"Oh wow really congrats, that's one step closer to your black belt. And huge mistake Justin never mess with her ice cream or any dessert actually, it's her holy grail. So don't say I didn't warn you . And can I get you guys anything before you leave." She took the tab with Justin's card.

"No I'm good. And please keep the change this time." Justin smiled at her knowingly. She just rolled her eyes teasingly.

"Uhm can I actually get the rest of my tea to go please." I knew she would but I still gave her my puppy dog eyes.

"Of course sweety you know I always do." She took it my cup and left us.

"You weren't kidding about the karate class, a red belt is pretty impressive. How far are you from the black, one or two?." He sounded so surprised.

"I'm actually not sure, I think one since the next one is brown then it's black. But there can be some in between colors like red black and brown black before actually getting to the solid black belt. I don't do it competitively so I don't keep up with my ranking. It's sounds so bad but it's hard to keep up with it since I mostly focus on it during summer." I say slightly shamefully

"Well that's still impressive and you should be proud of it regardless. I knew you could put me in my spot, but now I know for sure that you can. Can you do the wood splitting trick?" He was so curious like a little kid attending his first class.

"I told you not to mess with me, it's not my fault you didn't believe me. No but I'm sure that's a thing I have to master before getting my black belt. I really want to learn to do it but I'm also scared to do it. I've seen so many fail videos of people trying to do it and breaking bones during the process. Ugh I got chills just thinking about." I shivered.

"No I believed you when you said you took classes, I just didn't think you actually had a ranking or belts or what ever it's called. But I'm sure you can do it, it's all in the technique not the strength behind it right?" He questioned.

"I'm pretty sure it's maybe 75% technique and 25% strength. But my instructors are really good at enforcing technique before strength so I'm sure they will help me master the techniques before actually trying it out for reals. Plus if you don't feel confident about it they don't force you to do anything out of you comfort zone until you're ready." I smile at the thought of actually getting to learn it.

"Well they sound like great instructors. I can see how you light up just thinking about it." He had a smile of his own.

"Yeah it's great." I smiled even bigger.